Civil War Eagle Plate and Bite Bullet

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hello All..

Well.... Dug my Third Plate of the year!!! I went out this morning and drove around some of the old campsites I use to dig... Noticed a new driveway in the woods across from a huge Third Corp camp I use to dig.. and got permission... not a huge area... acre of woods of so. I dug at least 50 shotgun shells.. which is "good" meaning it has not been hit by anyone before..or if it was... it was by someone running too high on the old discrimination.. inside of 1/2 hour I had a pistol bullet.. the chewed bullet and another Eagle Plate!! All at the highest point in the woods.. the chewed bullet was a pull.. so.. probably a picket post off of the main camp...

The first picture is a "group shot".. I was out about two hours total.. so not bad!!
The second shot is the Eagle Plate after a good scrubbing...
The third is after a couple coats of wax...

Looks to be a promising year!!!

HH
MonkeyBoy

P.S. Here are a couple of close ups of the bite bullet.... just because...

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 509
  • eagle2.jpg
    eagle2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 468
  • eagle3.jpg
    eagle3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 470
  • chew.jpg
    chew.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 442
  • chew2.jpg
    chew2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is simply BEAUTIFUL!!! :o That is my goal, I usually hit 1 campsite and 2 battlefields and have found buttons, plenty of lead and other things but still no breast plate. I envy you, I just want ONE of those babies, or an ammo box plate would be equally good. Congrats to you, wow, your third this year YOU are a LUCKY man!!! Great Hunting!

Sentinel

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
{Sentinel} said:
Man, that is simply BEAUTIFUL!!! :o That is my goal, I usually hit 1 campsite and 2 battlefields and have found buttons, plenty of lead and other things but still no breast plate. I envy you, I just want ONE of those babies, or an ammo box plate would be equally good. Congrats to you, wow, your third this year YOU are a LUCKY man!!! Great Hunting!

Sentinel

Thanks!! They are still out there!! Keep digging...

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, I will be lucky enough to find a plate one of these days I hope...d2

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent Job Mark...You're gonna have to hook me up on a CS buckle......Love it!!!~!

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
civilman1 said:
Excellent Job Mark...You're gonna have to hook me up on a CS buckle......Love it!!!~!

What?? You don't have one?? ;-) I have seen one good SC come out of the ground around here... a few clipped corners... and a medium fork tongue buckle.. I just have not dug any of them!! They have to be out there....

MonkeyBoy

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic Eagle Plate, Monkeyboy! You must live in the middle of Civil War action to get three so far this year. :o :o

Sincerely,

Monakeygirl 8)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a BEAUTY! nice finds. Tsgman

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice plate! Congrats!
Mike