civil war everywhere

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I got to thinking that during that time period there were soldiers everywhere across the US, ok not everywhere but lots of places that didn't have battels. They had posts and camps in most states. Point being that most people seem to think you have to go to Gettysburg and such to find these relics. Sure you have a better chance in battle field areas [ not protected ones] but things were lost all over at these camps. Does anybody know where to find a list of Army posts for the 1800's in and across America? It might give some of us in other parts of the country a chance to find some goodies.
Dano

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Thanks for the links stoney! I think we can find the forts pretty much no problem, what I'm really looking for is the tent camp's or temporary posts that might be on record. Hopefully I'll find something on those links thanks again bud!

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Stoney you da man! Thanks for the links bud! I wanted to start this topic so all of us could check our own area's for civil war stuff!
Hopefully some of us will find something's I better get busy reading and I'll post more when I find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread