tndirtdigger

Feb 21, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20150818_085007.jpg 20150818_085045.jpg 20150818_085020.jpg Went out for a few hours last night because I couldn't handle the thought of going one more hour without doing some digging! Its been so hot and humid, but I said to heck with it. Spent about three hours finding, square nails, a scabbard tip with lead finial, a three ringer, smaller caliber two ringer, and what appears to be a tent spike that may have been used in for a tent or something.

Then at about 1 AM I said to myself I am going to dig one more thing and I am done. That's when I got a real solid squeal on the AT Pro. Dug about 4" and come unglued when the plate was staring back at me. This is my first plate and it couldn't be any more beautiful. Barely any bending or cracking and the back clips are still intact. I know there were several US plates styles, can anyone elaborate on this style or possible value of the buckle? I would never sell it because it is priceless to me but I would still like to give it a monetary value if possible. Thanks for looking and HH everyone!!!:headbang:

Upvote 18

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! That things in beautiful condition already, you don't need to have it restored, and don't even think about wearing it, as some £}%#*{ suggested. Consider coating it with ren wax though. It'll help preserve it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread