Civil War Fire Pits

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
Has anyone ever did this? I know I can find them if the have BIG iron in them, but if the pit only has small metal objects and bottles can they be dowsed? I see where some of you dowse pictures. I can email anyone a picture of the Field if they would like it. The place I am hunting has a lot of Civil War relics in it, but I have not found any fire or trash pits. Thanks Alabama

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Alabama….I have played around with locating old fire pits…What I did was look around the area and locate a recent fire pit..I took some of the ashes and baited my rods with it..I was able to locate a few 49er camp sites that way.. Send me the picture and I will give it a try…[email protected]….Art

Attachments

• Film Canister.GIF
    Film Canister.GIF
    61.5 KB · Views: 948
OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Alabama….I have played around with locating old fire pits…What I did was look around the area and locate a recent fire pit..I took some of the ashes and baited my rods with it..I was able to locate a few 49er camp sites that way.. Send me the picture and I will give it a try…[email protected]….Art
I sent you a picture. I don't know if this is what you can use. I would have printed it off, but I don't have a printer. You can post it here if you want too. I am not worried about anybody hunting around this farm. Thanks Alabear

OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
Art I got the info. you sent me. As soon as they cut the hay in this field I will take a probe and see if I can pull up as ash. Thanks Alabear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread