Civil War Fort Finds Ink, Token, Buttons Up From the Depths.

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Was able to get out digging with my brother last weekend to a new rural fort site for some much needed silence and relic hunting. We stumbled into a little fire pit and while scraping the ink emerged from the side wall in mint condition. Later we sifted up a beautiful Kerosine/Lamp Oil Civil War token. I love the Gettysburg date and patriotic design. Although not rare in the east, its journey west would be a remarkable story. The pit also yielded a canteen stopper clay marble, belt keeper hammered flat, and a few other random iron finds. Later while detecting in heavy iron we popped out some nice brass including eagle coats and a nice infantry cuff. Epaulette pieces, suspender buckles and some bullets rounded out the hunt. Overall a successful start to the season. Thanks for looking and stay dirty.
-Ev

Attachments

• All Relics Pic 1 Revised.jpg
    All Relics Pic 1 Revised.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Button Closeup 2 Revised.jpg
    Button Closeup 2 Revised.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Token front Revised.jpg
    Token front Revised.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Token 2 Revised.jpg
    Token 2 Revised.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 189
  • ink bottle cleaned.jpg
    ink bottle cleaned.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 150
  • All Relics Pic 2 Revised.jpg
    All Relics Pic 2 Revised.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 15

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
metalev4

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Thanks Abe, good relics are hard to come by. Always nice when the effort is appreciated. Now go find another tree coin, I'm living vicariously through you when it comes to the 1600s stuff.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Abe, good relics are hard to come by. Always nice when the effort is appreciated. Now go find another tree coin, I'm living vicariously through you when it comes to the 1600s stuff.

Anything for you bro lol

SW Iowa Digger

Apr 12, 2015
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 9" 7.5 KHZ coil 9" 3 KHZ coil Minelab pro find pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds congrats

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer stuff man! Love the inkwell man but the condition of the stuff you find out there amazes me! keep it up

Hope all is well

Dan

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of cool brass Evan and the ink and token are the finds of the day. Is that site close by or one of the ones you have to drive far to get to?

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a lot of cool brass Evan and the ink and token are the finds of the day. Is that site close by or one of the ones you have to drive far to get to?

Joey - I believe Evan had to take a road trip to hit that site. Well worth the drive .....

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some fantastic finds. The token and the umbrella inkwelll are beautiful.

OP
OP
metalev4

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006

It's a pretty good drive Joey but like Bill said, always worth every mile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread