Civil War Glass

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
I was out in Virginia last weekend for the most recent digging in Virginia hunt. Decided to dedicate the time to looking for deep bottles. After countless test holes I got into a nice little trash pit and ended up with 6 bottles. Two whiskeys went home with good friends. The prize was the yellow bitters, which is full of seed bubbles and in beautiful condition. Inadvertently found a couple of bullets and buttons (they fell out of the side wall while excavating the pit) Anyway it was a great time with many nice relics recovered. Thanks for looking.
-Ev

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your efforts were very worth while Evan, congrats! :hello2:

Larry

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the glass Evan. I for one know how hard it can be to attain those few precious pieces but after digging with you at past DIVs, I know it's as

much a labor of love for you as it is me! That Bitters looks Great my friend; as hard as we've hit Coles Hill and that surrounding area in the past, I think you fared well

this time 'round. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles Evan, we didn't get to dig a deep hole together this time. If I hadn't been digging colonial relics, I would have been right there with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread