🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Couldn't think of a better way to spend New Years Day than go relic hunting. Only partner Bob could make it as Sham and Frank were unable to go. We decided to go back to our CS Artillery site that was also the site of a college that burned down in the 1850's. We have found many nice finds there but nothing Confederate....yet. I know they are there and may be masking under the extremely amount of trash left over from the college. The old red bricks are everywhere which makes the soil extremely hot. I got a couple buttons. One nice Eagle button and one cuff button that I can make out the arrows on the bottom right and one wing on the left (wing is up so it is just a normal General Service Eagle cuff button). Also got a percussion cap, brass shell, camp lead, button back, couple pistol bullets, round ball, couple decorative pieces from the college and two shell frags. One frag is pretty good size and has threads from the fuse.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 2

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good start to the year Randy. That a good looking eagle. Hope you & the East Tenn. Gang (including HB) find lots of relics in 2014. WTG, Q.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confederate stuff is there somewhere.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys in Tenn have me dying to get out and dig some CW relics.
Congrats & thanks for the videos Randy. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love buttons! Congrats on the finds!

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love buttons! Congrats on the finds!

I love buttons as well which is why I mainly use the TDI for relics. It is a brass magnet. It gives a high tone for brass and low tone for all other targets. I mainly listen for the high tones. If I am in an area with lots of bullets then I will dig those as well.

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to see our friends over in Morristown having success. A lot of work, isn't it?

I love relic hunting and yes it is a lot of hard work. From researching and getting permission to walking the hills, going thru the brush and timbers, constant up and down and hunting in cold temperatures you do get a pretty good workout.

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys in Tenn have me dying to get out and dig some CW relics.
Congrats & thanks for the videos Randy. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

I was in your area a couple weeks ago. My girlfriends son moved to the Charlotte area and we went down to visit. I just had to take my machines along and met up with Curt and went out for a few hours. The videos I am still pretty new. I filmed one that showed the beautiful scenery we have from the hill but I did not post for fear of trespassers and night hunters which we have in the area. There are a lot of people in the area that watch videos and posts and try to find their spots which makes me sick. We only take people to our sites that we trust and are fellow relic hunters as well.

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Confederate stuff is there somewhere.

We are pretty sure the CS stuff is there. Now the Eagle buttons we are finding could have been from a CS uniform because they did wear them as well. But they are still a US button. This site is loaded with the old bricks from the college and the soil is extremely hot. We have hunted it when the soil is dryer and only find a few relics but when it is moist the targets scream at you. There is a lot of area that we have not touched yet.

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good start to the year Randy. That a good looking eagle. Hope you & the East Tenn. Gang (including HB) find lots of relics in 2014. WTG, Q.

Thanks Quindy. I am hoping for 2014 to be a great year. We have sites that we have permission to hunt that we haven't even touched yet. That Eagle button was nice except for the push on the side. I love finding them still in the dirt clod like this one. Hope you have a banner year as well.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey nice job on the button! Only dug one if them myself and I'll never get rid of it though it's just like other eagle buttons I've seen before.Looks like no hunting here for a few days,too cold for me.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in your area a couple weeks ago. My girlfriends son moved to the Charlotte area and we went down to visit. I just had to take my machines along and met up with Curt and went out for a few hours. The videos I am still pretty new. I filmed one that showed the beautiful scenery we have from the hill but I did not post for fear of trespassers and night hunters which we have in the area. There are a lot of people in the area that watch videos and posts and try to find their spots which makes me sick. We only take people to our sites that we trust and are fellow relic hunters as well.

You could of at least stopped by for a beer. :tongue3: Actually I'm about 2 hrs west of Charlotte, just outside of Asheville.
I know what you are saying about videos and site poachers. I've been burned myself on one of my sites. The guy was going in at night with a headlamp on!
Unbelievable what some of these idiots will do for some relics. Scumbags!
-MM-

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You could of at least stopped by for a beer. :tongue3: Actually I'm about 2 hrs west of Charlotte, just outside of Asheville.
I know what you are saying about videos and site poachers. I've been burned myself on one of my sites. The guy was going in at night with a headlamp on!
Unbelievable what some of these idiots will do for some relics. Scumbags!
-MM-

I will keep you in mind next time we make a trip down there. You are correct about the scumbag poachers. I know who two of them are from the Knoxville area and there are more that I know of from others have told me. Some of them actually drive around looking for our vehicles. And people want to know why relic hunting is so secretive. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread