Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
first things first --anyone looking for "lost / stolen" civil war money --either union or confederate -- lost during the war -- needs to know and understand this ---at the end of the war any money / funds became US govt property because of the south's surrender to the north -- so any US govt money found WILL be claimed and seized by the US govt upon it being found with 0 funds being paid to the finder as a "finders fee"..... count on it ...so you do can do all the work , sweat and money spending to find and recover it , but they WILL get the goods in the end

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first things first --anyone looking for "lost / stolen" civil war money --either union or confederate -- lost during the war -- needs to know and understand this ---at the end of the war any money / funds became US govt property because of the south's surrender to the north -- so any US govt money found WILL be claimed and seized by the US govt upon it being found with 0 funds being paid to the finder as a "finders fee"..... count on it ...so you do can do all the work , sweat and money spending to find and recover it , but they WILL get the goods in the end

The Finder of any Lost Gold belonging to the United States Government will get 50 percent of the value of the treasure according to the Governmental Services Administration of the US Government. I have their letter.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
This is the same FBI that keeps us safe, catching criminals and preventing more crime. Special agents risk their lives every day - and deserve our respect as dedicated law enforcement professionals. A number of years ago I was asked to consult with them on a financial crimes case. They didn't need my help. They knew precisely what they were doing.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's the real lowdown! First off, I researched this Dent's Run story years ago. The story goes, a shipment of gold bars hidden is the false bottom of a couple of wagons were headed to the mint in Phile. They were needed to mint gold coins. Us troops were used to transport the gold. Now the truth, It never happened. The story is based on an old tail and rewritten for a book by a local author who gave lectures about it. I spent a lot of time on research and walking the woods. I talked to a guy who spent 16 years of his spare time in those woods looking for it. I talked to locals who heard the treasure lecture. Finders/keepers spent a bit of time looking for it. They brought up a GPR unit and claimed to have found it. They got a permit and dug down 10' and found the indicated item. It turned out to be WATER. This tail keeps popping up.
owl-2.jpg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a old story or tale is often just that and nothing more -- so if one is going to chase treasure ....rule #1 is first to establish that it in fact existed at all -- case in point is this case ---Luis Aury the pirate in 1817 reportedly had 60,000 in gold and silver coin on Amelia Island , FL that he took over and controlled ...that is the story ...now here is the facts ...a man by the name of Bowden came from Georgia to Amelia Island to buy 95 slaves from a Spanish slave ship that Aurys pirates took while they were enroute from Texas to Amelia island --Aury claimed ownership of the ship and slaves via his letters of marquee from Mexico to raid Spanish shipping --and sold Bowden the 95 slaves for 60,000 and issued him a bill of sale --Bowden was later on caught trying to illegally import the slaves from "Spanish Florida) into Georgia (the USA in 1803 outlawed the importing from Africa of anymore "new" slaves) and the slaves were seized from Bowden --and some sold and others given to the freeman group -- the original Spanish slave ship owner upon finding out that his slaves had been sold --filed suit in the state of Georgia courts against the governor -- Bowden also showed up with his bill of sale claiming ownership --it from these court records that the story of Aury having 60,000... is thus found to be valid -- however Aury needed to pay the troops that he hired to take over the island so it very likely a good bit of the 60,000 was given to his men ...there were other funds gather by Aury while he was in control of the island however like the 1 in 6 tax on the selling by other pirates of stolen goods in his "port" --oddly no money was reported as being found when Aury was captured by US forces after running the island for awhile ..so there is a good chance that there is some buried pirate loot to be found on Amelia Island..

Last edited:

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real question is how much did the gov. spend to ....I mean how much did we pay to find nothing

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... Wait for announcement.

Right ! And wait. And wait. And wait.

That's the beauty of answers like "in a little while" or "wait a little longer". Because it never comes. Anytime someone says "when?" or "how long?", the claimant merely needs to repeat the answer: "Pretty soon" and "in a little while" and "be patient".

Like the old saying: "Tomorrow never comes ".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions