Civil War Relic finds

diggingduo

Greenie
Jan 31, 2006
Took the Misses and her XLT (xmas present) out after doing some map work and found
a spot that the map said the troops would/had been there,Found some drop farmer coins,
1917 standing Lib, 1901 indian head, 1962 quarter and a 1952 dime,Found two pieces of
shells, one lead and one iron,two buttons(could be newer snaps) pewter spun flat and a
brass flat,Best of all a Civil War era South Carolina button! condition is fair for being in a plowed
field for this long,The misses found the bullets on the right and the pocket knife pieces.The
iron on the lower left looks like some kind of tool and the other piece is the handle of a large
knife. Were are going back today and will post later finds. :)

Attachments

• relics feb 2 06 011.jpg
    relics feb 2 06 011.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, DD. The SLQ is nice. It's hard to find one with a date. Good luck on your next hunt.

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS!!! That is a great haul for nowadays. I'd be hitting that spot hard for quite a while. GOOD LUCK!! Please keep posting pics of your finds.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing about civil war relics is you always seem to come up with those huge lead fragments . and getting hit with one of those would not be good....Great finds ...... Seeker

J

jgpreston

Great selection of artifacts. Thanks for sharing with a pic. HH

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Nice..Alway's love to see the CW find's posted...Great job!Keep on diggin',Welcome and HH!!

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Wow man! Nice finds! I sure wish my research panned out like that. Did you hit it on the first try looking ? I am looking for a couple sites, but the travel distances are sooooo vague. "5 miles north of town", "marched one mile from town and camped". Were they very accurate on distance ? Where do they define "from town"? The center of town...edge of town ?? Left side or right side of the road ? How far off the road would they have camped ? Man, it is just a mind numbing quest trying to find these spots, but you know the relics have to be there to find.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and welcome to the forum! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread