Civil war relics and other finds..lots of items

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have been hunting 2 sites and finding some nice Civil war relics. Lead and various items. Went today and dug a nice C.D. Leet for Derringer bullet today. I will take a close up for you guys and post it up. This is the first one I have dug. It is a cool little bullet. Then also today I dug the Umbrella slide. Most of the buttons came from my house site I have permission to hunt. It is an early 1800's plantation. If any of you guys have any id's on anything just holler out...I am trying to decipher what bullets are what and what brass items i have. Last but not least I visited Orange Beach for a week and found this sweet silver ring and this earing. Also found over $20 dollars in clad on the beach. I put it all in a paper bowl and took a picture of it. It has been cleaned in my tumbler. I bet there is at least 50 bucks in that bowl. Well hope you all enjoy the pictures and remember chime in with any ID"s... zaxfire69

IMG_1179-1.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg nice finds ......wow thats enough clad to pay for gas an the energizer bunny :icon_thumright:

wobax

Dec 13, 2007
New Bern, NC
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Great finds for you also! I guess the umbrella slides are pretty common. I didn't realize there were that many umbrellas back then and why did they keep breaking?

Is the item on the bottom right a heel plate for a boot?

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Wobax. I have 2 and a half heelplates. If I would not have seen your post I would have thrown that Umbrella slide away. I thought it was junk.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you guys like the relics. When you speak of the hat vent which one is that. I was thinking the Brass thingie was an umbrella slide. I feel bad. Don't even know what all this stuff is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread