Civil War Relics Dug In The last Month......+

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P7250782.JPG P7250781.JPG P7250780.JPG P7250779.JPG P7250778.JPG P7250777.JPG P7250776.JPG P7250775.JPG P7250774.JPG P7250773.JPG P7250772.JPG P7250771.JPG P7250770.JPG P7250769.JPG

Finally some pictures for those I have promised and others.

The Tin Back "I" was a super surprise find for me. It being only my third confederate button.
Could be in better shape but I'll take them any way I can get them.

The dropped bullets mostly seem to be the same type '58 cal's' and the Williams Cleaners T3 are what they are. One of the 3 ringers is a tad smaller caliber likely .54 plus the 2 small round balls came from this site. A little camp lead and the grommets and rivet came from here also.
(even though the 2 larger grommets seem to look a little different than some I have dug in the past).

The Spencer and Burnside cartridges, Sharps, and Pistol bullets came from another site. Along with the percussion caps etc. These I dug over a month ago.

The closeups on the of the Sharps is basically me showing its small cone cavity. Any questions are welcome and if you see something that may not be Civil War era please let me know.

Thanks for looking Happy Hunting and have a Blessed day.
Davers :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing finds! WOW! :headbang:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs Bud!! Got to love the lead. That's a nice verity. The Confederate I button is a great find. You don't find a lot of them. Congrats[emoji106] [emoji106]

HH RN

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs Bud!! Got to love the lead. That's a nice verity. The Confederate I button is a great find. You don't find a lot of them. Congrats[emoji106] [emoji106]

HH RN

Thanks Terry & Relic Nut

RN, Yr def, right those 'I' button's are hard to find even in VA.
There are Less & Less Civil War relics to be uncovered Everyday.

So let's Get'em while we Can LOL

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Totally great finds. Keep photos coming. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the nice comments everybody.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Davers, some very nice finds indeed. I really like the Confetrit' Cast I button. This is one artifact on my bucket list. I'm a fellow Georgian from Covington, Georgia. I retired from the Dekalb County Fire Dept. I-285 and Spaghetti Junction was my immediate territory for some time. How far north of I-285 are you?

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great work Davers, That is a nice haul. Which one is the Burnside?

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work Davers, That is a nice haul. Which one is the Burnside?

Again Sorry for the delay A11

The Burnside is the 2 ed Cartridge over in the picture with the pistol bullet to it's left & the Whole Spencer to it's right & the 52 Sharps being fourth in the picture , it should be noted that the Burnside Cartridge is missing in bottom part with the small primer hole in it. Those suckers are hard to come by complete these day's (Dug that is).

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers, some very nice finds indeed. I really like the Confetrit' Cast I button. This is one artifact on my bucket list. I'm a fellow Georgian from Covington, Georgia. I retired from the Dekalb County Fire Dept. I-285 and Spaghetti Junction was my immediate territory for some time. How far north of I-285 are you?

Sorry for the long wait devldog.
I took a week off , so to speak.
I will take the Tin-Back 'I' anyday , A GS Eagle will do also.
I found only 1 Cast I , when I was Coin Hunting in a Known Confederate Area 2-3 years ago.
They come out so pretty , That type seem to rule the roost in our area (The Cast type, & imo Gen, Service Eagle buttons were used by the Confederates ,as much as the Union troops by the time fighting broke out in the Atlanta Area).

I live in the Kennessaw , Acworth , Woodstock area.
My Dad Grew up off Tilly Mill, PIB., Near the Fuel Storage Tanks one of witch blew up in the 1970's I think?

You may have Responded to the Many Calls (Medical) that came from there over the 40+ years the home has been there.
Thanks for your Service, U Fire Guy's See it all.
As for the Bucket Lister's .....Never Give Up.
Thanks for your reply.
Davers

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I well remember when the Doraville Oil Tanks cooked off. I was a 10th grader in Towers High School some 15 miles away. This was I believe in 1972. I joined the Fire Dept. after my stint in the Corps in 1980. I knew quite a few of the older veterans that were there and fought that fire. We could easily see the smoke from our high school. I wish you Continued success in 2017 from one Georgia Boy' to another. Man, I love that Cast I button. Keep it up.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I well remember when the Doraville Oil Tanks cooked off. I was a 10th grader in Towers High School some 15 miles away. This was I believe in 1972. I joined the Fire Dept. after my stint in the Corps in 1980. I knew quite a few of the older veterans that were there and fought that fire. We could easily see the smoke from our high school. I wish you Continued success in 2017 from one Georgia Boy' to another. Man, I love that Cast I button. Keep it up.

Thanks for the reply , my Stepdad went to CrossKey's HS back in the Day , He was born in 1946 & I assume he was back in GA after his Stint in Germany (Navy).

Good Luck to you as well in 2017 , you know like me CW Relics are hard to find in the 'Built Up ' Atlanta Area

Funny DiggerPA wants more Enfield's & We in the South Want more Gardner's & 69 3 ringers .:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread