Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to hunt a new spot close to some heavy CW action. It's a big lot that the house was torn down recently. Most of the ground has been disturbed but there is still some good ground around the edges. I hunted there a few times this week and have found a nice variety of relics. The targets are spread out all around and I think I've dug more shotgun headstamps from here than anywhere I've ever hunted, but if I skipped over those type of signals I would have missed the Eagle coat and cuff buttons. I dug some neat small buckles that I'm not sure if they were on a man's garter sock and I'm not sure if they're period? Also got a nice underplug off of a Bormann shell maybe? I went back yesterday and lucked up on a few more bullets and my last signal was down deep and under a huge root. I was excited to see it was a brass barrel band and it cleaned up nicely. It's marked with the numbers 12 and 99. I know enough that it's a barrel band but have no idea as to what type of musket/riffle it's off of. I appreciate any help I can get on an ID. HH-David

6DxZFhQ.jpg fwwW2ra.jpg

oy5Hvpm.jpg XncFA1K.jpg

WEz6on6.jpg

Upvote 23
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Scooper ( I was once a 'Super' Dave , via ShowTime TV ) .

My last hunt mirrored yours SGB Everywhere (most dug before IMO ).
I did get the J hook tho no bullets but a small patch of 8 or so dropped percussion caps.

I keep all the SGB cause .....Well I'm a hoarder & Metal is money., Also looks like that cig is still smoke-able or you got a new 'tobacco'. 1 hitter.. lol

I do like the 'Carved' Pointed Minnie , & of course the Barrel Band.

Thanks Super Davers! Yeah the headstamps can be cool but I’m too lazy to clean and sort them. And I think that is one of those E cigs and is aluminum or some type of metal. It rang in like a wheat penny on my Etrac.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread