Civil War Relics from last couple weeks

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG-20140116-00179.jpg
    IMG-20140116-00179.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG-20140116-00182.jpg
    IMG-20140116-00182.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 6

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to find that kind of stuff

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those Spencer's are nice to find I'll bet and paired up with the three ringers makes a nice display. Edited to add, didn't see your Spencer's were intact,even better!

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a min Davers ... You live North of Valdosta .. Me too .. fact I think we know each other in real life.. same club members LOL .. please take me out to find something besides a horse shoe or an oil can ..

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Very good job! Finding whole cartridges these days is getting very hard to do! Love your finds.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spencer's are pretty scarce around my area. Found one intact about 10 yrs. ago. Took it out to show one of my friends, and dropped it on my concrete garage floor :BangHead: I still have the pieces! Oh yeah, Is that a Burnside casing 3rd row from top or something else? Can't tell from the pic. Congrats on a super hunt!

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. That's a ton of complete Spencer's. Congrats.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice civil war saves. Love the spencer bullets

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet. Uncommon finds, and good saves.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone for all the reply's

Finally got some pics up ( Thanks to my Dad) he was a little impatient so I know they could have been a little better.

& Yes that is a Burnside Case.

I will Elaborate more later ,( if needed)

Now its off to see the Dr. fun fun fun.
Davers

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Davers! Its so difficult to find those complete cartridges - you dug a great little group of them!

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good hunt, I love the lead. But we all know that. DIG IT UP. HH....

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone for all the reply's

Finally got some pics up ( Thanks to my Dad) he was a little impatient so I know they could have been a little better.

& Yes that is a Burnside Case.

I will Elaborate more later ,( if needed)

Now its off to see the Dr. fun fun fun.
Davers
Burnside bullets, including some of the scarce dished base type are fairly common in my area. Even some Henry's. Henry casings survive pretty good over the years in the dirt. Thin Burnside casings don't survive good at all, at least where i'm at! Congrats on a good find!

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burnside bullets, including some of the scarce dished base type are fairly common in my area. Even some Henry's. Henry casings survive pretty good over the years in the dirt. Thin Burnside casings don't survive good at all, at least where i'm at! Congrats on a good find!

First off I feel your pain , last year from the same site I dug another complete Spencer carefully wrapped it in leaves and put it in a tobacco tin and when I got home my 4 year old bumped me in the garage and I dropped the tin & thought " I know that broke that bullet) , I popped it open and sure enough there it was cracked right in half...That still ills me.

Now I "sarcastically" use it in a teaching setting showing the innards & construction of the Spencer Cartridge . LOL

Also I have dug many Burnside Cases from this camp all were dropped or broken ( for fire starting) and if I recall correctly the only one that was whole was one that was where the bullet was inserted into the case backwards .
Many have the Brass ring around their base with powder corrosion on their bases. ( the are all the flat base type)

Never dug a Henry tho witch is strange cause they were used in this part of the State.

Good Luck Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions