civil war relics??

ejh1027

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2013
So I went to the beach, but as it turns out, 10 degs is waayyyy to cold to m.d on the beach, so the way back,I saw a nice patch of woods, clear other then fallen dead trees,so I pull over and scan for about 35 mins, finding only old beer cans and scrap metal. After about an hour or so I started getting alot of hits... After digging for about 5 mins, I pulled out a large piece of old drain pipe, about 3 feet away I pulled up the license plate, and a small bottle, and a piece of triangle shaped metal, so I took my findings back to the house and started cleaning them, I noticed the date on the plate, researched and found it was,issued in 1934... The metal I found is very corroded, but it looks like an axe head or a hatchet head, was wondering if anyone knew how to get the rust and corrosion off without damaging the metal???? Any help would be great!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130122_171155.png
    ForumRunner_20130122_171155.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ejh1027

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2013
Not that the plate was from civil war time....but everything I read was from a civil war relics website

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a thread on how to clean stuff up just look at it and you will get some good info.... HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions