Civil War Score....and a modern bit more

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its been a busy past few days for me Metal Detecting wise as I take advantage of the cool weather. I worked an old house site Sunday and Monday eve and came up with a bunch of clad, a Cumberland Md Streetcar token, a brass tab with the number 685, a silver '48 Roosie and a cats eye marble. My Trusty Eagle Spectrum does it again.

I was heading to my favorite eatery which had been closed now open when I spotted some construction near the road. This disturbed earth was right near the line of March of the Confederate army after Gettysburg and also lots of Union Army activety in that area.

I fired up the Eagle with fresh batteries & went thru the site last evening up popped a fired 44 cal pistol ball. Then a fired 3 ringer close by. After an hour I had a broken mule shoe, a harness yoke ring (Wagon) A brass scabbard tip, a small cuff button, iron snap button and a 58 3 ringer drop The most interesting find was a "Wormed" or "pulled" bullet, the pull hole on top clearly visible.

I can't wait until this evening to revisit the area, the junk was a bit annoying, lots of soda cans and pull tabs & bottle tops, but in area's like this you have no choice....dig everythig you hear.

Attachments

• DSCN6388.JPG
    DSCN6388.JPG
    789.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN6386.JPG
    DSCN6386.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012