Civil War? The Emblem of Merit Coat of the Stars?

R

rvbvetter

Does the name Albert Richard sound familier to any one. I dug a medal that around the outer face says THE EMBLEM OF MERIT COAT OF THE STARS. A circular wreath inside of that and a wind blown flag in the middle , and says Albert Richard on the flag. The back is bordered by 15 stars, and inside them says DESIGNED and TAILORED by ALBERT RICHARD. Has a little hole at top so can be wore around the neck i guess. I thought he must of been a tailor and searched in that direction. Nothing. Then i seen through western & eastern treasures link above, in 1999 best finds #38 Civil war womans I D disc. The medal resembles mine. A different disign front and back, but the same reeds inside the edge and same size of hole and place. And looks to be that old. It's a 1/16th inch bigger than a quarter all the way around. Sorry i don't have a digital cam for pictures. If it rings a bell, i'll try to get pics up. Thanks

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you do a Web Search on ALBERT RICHARD ? you may find something that way

Sounds Intresting, Keep us Informed

J E F F

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

? ? ? Jeff;? ? ?Yah? ? ?I've googled his name and medals designed by him. Tried the legend on the coin and the tailor thing.? Nothing.? I've come up with the name, but none seem to tie in with it. Last night i saw the W&E best find and thought i'd try here. Maybe some one will know, or where i might look. I'm about googled out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I'm shure Someone here Can help.

Definately a Cool Find.

Happy Hunting ; jeff

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

Buckram; Thats it ! WTG!! Thanks HH

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

Woo Hoo!! I thought this find might make me rich! But i didn't even dare to think it could be as much $2.85 richer. YIPPEEEE !!!

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
I think that EBAY listing is for a book on the subject, not for the medal itself. So it might be worth more than $2.85 ;D

Steeler Fan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread