Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Searched 3 boxes of halves today. No silver but got these coins:

image-4278176817.jpg

Two are s mint proofs. At least they aren't painted.

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice find on the business strike Statue of Liberty. Typically, the uncirculated issues have a lower mintage than the equivalent proof. Consequently, they carry a higher premium. Unfortunately, in the case of the '86 SoL commems, the Mint issued a craptastic amount keeping the values down on those in original mint packaging. With evidence of circulation, they might carry a buck or two over face.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diver_Down said:
Nice find on the business strike Statue of Liberty. Typically, the uncirculated issues have a lower mintage than the equivalent proof. Consequently, they carry a higher premium. Unfortunately, in the case of the '86 SoL commems, the Mint issued a craptastic amount keeping the values down on those in original mint packaging. With evidence of circulation, they might carry a buck or two over face.

Ya not excited about these coins. Just keep them cause they are different. Would really rather just find silver.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50cent said:
Would rather find one of those than some silver, and I ain't no clad luva.

I wonder if any of my silver sniping tellers feel that way. One girl, after selling me her halves, showed me what she was holding back: a 40% and one of those ridiculous colorized kennedies. Next time I see her ill offer to trade the clad commem.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Find one not, want to buy or exchange for one. I found silver CRH, never any commemorates, just think it'd be interesting to FIND in a roll.

I'd go for the 40% & not the colored one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions