Clad Haul/Wheat Penny/Navy Button etc.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a good clad haul today at a little park. My partner, Mr. Miller, found ANOTHER Benet Primed .50 cal spent shell. There must have been a large game hunt or a skirmish with natives. Anyway, at least I got one 1945 wheat, which was nice. The earring you see is made of the finest plastic available. After I cleaned it I knocked it against my teeth, and behold...PLASTIC? Really? Something only Hoggle might be interested in, whenever he emerges from his ugliet(please excuse the Hensonism here). Continuing, I am curious to know from you button adepts if this might be an original or non issued duplicate civilian Navy button. Does not matter either or, it was cool to find. The back is blasted out but next to it is a piece of the original fastening post. Of course, no dig leaves me without a key, so it appears LOL! Also, who can deny the joy of finding a 'Soy Amada' pin? We all love to be loved amigos! I have amassed a collection of those black and chrome studs, enough to don a punk rock outfit perhaps. Not a near future plan however. Lastly, some other button and a sassy little 'total girl' snap/button gets put into the jar. Ahh, just love metal detecting.

Okay, end of annoying commentary. GL & HH!

Tech note: My AtPro was showing a lower ID on many of the pennies I found, that is, that normally should have come up a lot higher. I almost didn't dig a few of them because of this, not that missing a few cents would have killed me but I wonder if there was a soil content issue going on?? Hmmm, no a big deal really.

Attachments

• IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    675.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments! After tending to a few Sunday domestics I am going out to 'swing-ding-ka-ching'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread