Clad Quarter Heaven....return trip nets a BONUS!

W

whites6000inPa

I spent 2 1/2 hours again today looking for clad quarters to buy silver with......and did pretty well. I snagged another 9.88......and got a bonus....a deep quarter signal turned up this 52 washington quarter.

Wyatt

Attachments

• 19528-9.JPG
    19528-9.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 578
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Cool, now don't spend the silver to buy silver by mistake. :)
Congrats and keep em coming. I like what you do with your clad.
I am saving up for a Vette with mine...lol.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I just want to have a chest with about 50 pounds of silver in it.....so I can hear it jingle. I'm on my way too....I'm over the 2 pound mark now. At this rate in another 25 years...I'll have done it. Problem is I'll be dead before then.

I've added 53 silver coins in 3 weeks now....32 dug.....21 bought.

What a hobby.....

Wyatt

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
whites6000inPa said:
I just want to have a chest with about 50 pounds of silver in it.....so I can hear it jingle. I'm on my way too....I'm over the 2 pound mark now. At this rate in another 25 years...I'll have done it. Problem is I'll be dead before then.

I've added 53 silver coins in 3 weeks now....32 dug.....21 bought.

What a hobby.....

Wyatt

Impressive numbers for anyone Wyatt! Very cool!
I think you'll get there, you have a great attitude!

Gotta love TH'ing huh!!

BDoo

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

Yep BDoo.....It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on ;D

Wyatt

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
There's that much silver in PA? I'm not looking in the right places! Great haul, keep seaching!
Boobydoo said:
Cool, now don't spend the silver to buy silver by mistake. :)
Congrats and keep em coming. I like what you do with your clad.
I am saving up for a Vette with mine...lol.

Smiles!
BDoo
Saving up for a Vet? Do you have an ill pet? Are you ill? Hey, that dog has a puffy tail.....

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

The thing is.....silver is where you find it.....and if you're not finding it, chances are it's just not there. You need to keep checking out new locations until you find it. We spent silver coins for 3/4 of our country's history....and clad for 1/4.....There's still silver in the ground.

Wyatt

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I was hunting the grassy areas around the local high school. It hadn't been touched in 15 years. 2 trips there...each trip over a roll of quarters. That's still only 2 bucks an hour...but it's fun. If it was a job I'd have to reconsider.

Wyatt

diggerodell

Jul 3, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Indeed! Silver is where you find it. In our small town there is a park a half-block from the house of the guy who got me started coin-shooting. That was in the '70's and I lived in another town. I had a BFO "Jetco", or some such brand. He had a White's, so guess who found all the coins? Last year, for kicks, I hunted "his" park. Found a silver Roosevelt under a bush ;D

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

My first experience with a metal detector was a Jetco "Mustang" BFO unit with a 12 inch coil. Great machine for finding buried studebakers.....but not worth a hill of beans for finding coins.

My first "real" detector was the old whites beachcomber...simple....no meter...and the early production one with a 6 inch coil as standard equipment. The later models had an 8 inch coil. I have never owned anything but a white's machine. The Jetco was my uncle's.

My White's detectors have always been very good to me. I had one quit qorking once....and it cost a whoppin' 35 bucks to have it repaired.

Wyatt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions