Claddest Day Ever!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all. I know that looking at clad should be reserved for winter when we all have nothing better to do, but I had to share this. I went back to the High School today and worked a piece of grass 20'X100' near the entrance doors. I couldn't believe it when I got home and washed it all up. This is a record for my short MD'ing career. Just wish I could have pulled more Quarters....Oh well. I spent just under 5 hours at it and pulled a total of 277 coins. Wish every day could be like this! Good luck everybody~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp02833.jpg
    Dcp02833.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs!

Do it again!

HH

Lonewolfe

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a lot of beer money Colorado! Better you drink the beer than the high school kids, right? And you, being a MDer, wont throw the can and puttabs on the ground, lol! Great score!!

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Yeah alleng...Had a little cramp going right between the shoulder blades by the time I quit.? Did you ever see the Coyote and Road Runner show?? After all the squats I did, my quads felt like the Coyotes' after he took some of those "Acme Leg Muscle" pills! ;D

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Yeah DD. I've been working the soccer field for some time now and just decided to get a fresh view today. I just hit a small strip of grass between the entry sidewalk and the exterior wall of the school. As I said it was about 2000 s.f. It's about 1/10th of the grass area on that side of the school. I'm itching to get back and do some more. Funny thing is that all that digging and I didn't get anything but clad! No rings, no medals, no keys, just clad. Go and figure. I'm using a Whites MXT. Love this machine!!! :-*~CO2

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Nope....Never got any old coins at this school. Maybe some nickels from the 60's, that's it!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I like all the Nickels ;)
J E F F

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Thanks All. Jeff, do you remember one of my first posts where you asked "where's the Nickels"? ;D I found 'em! :D
Rtde3, you called it bud. 4 trips back to the van to empty my pouch. Really they were water breaks, it was 75 degrees that day!
DD, I dig all penny signals too. You can't believe how many have turned out to be silver rings! Not sure why.
Bigrig, I know they add up. My clad count for 60 hrs. is $110.00! Plus all those delectable pieces of jewelry. 8)

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Hmm, that sure is alot of cald, nice digs for a day, now go buy a coin from ur local coin dealer with that money, u could get a nice conditioned IH with that! HH CS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread