class ring found and returned

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
I went out detecting at a beach about 45mins away from my home. I took my 22 year old nephew who just started detecting this year. After about 4 hours of detecting only finding clad and one silver toe ring and a watch (that fits me just fine) we decided to go around by the parking area next to the road when I found a 2009 class ring. I took the ring home and cleaned it up. Inside the ring I found the owners name inscribed (Hope R). I called the the school on the ring and they knew Hope. I gave them my phone number and about 30 mins later I got a call from Hop's step father and he told me that his wife worked for an attorney near where I go shoping. I called the mother and asked her If I could drop off the ring there on Wednesday, and she said that would be fin. I asked about Hope and she said Hope was in college and this is the sceond class ring she had lost. I will take her the ring Wednesday and I hope Hope will be happy to see her lost ring. Pic of the ring, watch value about $30.00 thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Hope 2009.JPG
    Hope 2009.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Nice job Dave.....always makes the hobby look good to have guys like you do the right thing!!

Congrats!

Dave

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow Dave I just cant picture you wearing a toe ring an being happy when you find one that fits lol :laughing9: , wtg on the ring , you'll be lookin at some very good karma after this one .

HH Tank :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
detector dave

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
Tank69 said:
wow Dave I just cant picture you wearing a toe ring an being happy when you find one that fits lol :laughing9: , wtg on the ring , you'll be lookin at some very good karma after this one .

HH Tank :icon_pirat:
:laughing9: The watch fits just fine not the toe ring, it was to small for my toes(I tried it on) just kidding ;D

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG Dave. Too bad you didn't get to return the ring to the owner. The look of disbelief that you would return it and then the appreciative smile is great. I still have one that I found 4 years ago but the owner or her parents won't return any calls about it. :dontknow: but I still try every few months to return it. HH. :thumbsup:

Ed

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good PR for all of us, honest and a good heart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread