Class ring going home after 50 years !!!

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a class ring near Vero Beach this past summer. It’s from Fordham Prepratory School, N.Y. 1956. Even had a name on the inside, but it was in script, worn and hard to read. Sent several emails to the school for information. Finally got a reply from the school the other day. They had narrowed the name down and were in the process of helping me track down the owner for me. Got home lastnight and a had a message from the owner who now lives in S.C. Gave him a call back and he identified the ring exactly. He did not remember seeing the ring since 1956. He said something about a girl being involved, but I wont go into details. The ring will be on its way home soon! ;D

Attachments

• tn_DSCN5420aa.jpg
    tn_DSCN5420aa.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 543
Upvote 0
Very Cool Mitch !

Keep us Updated.

Jeff

Mitch, you are an upstanding guy! I love reading stories like this as there is always so much negative news regarding metal detectorists and treasure hunters.

Nice find & nice deed on the return!

HH

Lonewolfe

Mitch, did you ever get it returned ?

any Details for us ?

Technically, under Florida law, the ring is the property of the state and should be turned over to the state archaeologist.
Unless of course it was found on the beach between the base of the dune and mean low tide line.
Just being the devils advocate...
And also pointing out how stupid some of the laws (and this is a relatively new law), that archaeologist are able to push through our state legislature onto the backs of the people.

Outstanding Mitch!

Tom

The state would put it in a vault and we would have never seen it. Thanks for showing this great treasure Mitch.
And the owner is happy too!!!!

HSH

Dale

Hi Mitch and welcome to TNet!!
It's a pleasure to have such a great Th'er like you here sharing with us.
You have proved that by your hard work trying to return this ring.
I am really happy that you were finally successful.
Hope the MD Gods reward you mightily!!
Congratulations on your good deed!!

Golden Smiles!
BDoo

Got a nice letter from the owner thanking me for the return of his ring. Also got a nice email from the school.
The owner also sent a check for $30 !!! Happy Hunting all and Merry Christmas !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back