Class Ring Update

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Well, I have done everything I could do to try and locate the owner of this ring. I have contacted the school and had a meeting with the Vice Principal. Together we went through the yearbook and located all of the students that had the initals inside the ring. Out of the 2, only one could be tracked down. His mother confirmed that he didn't get a class ring. The other one has moved and all the contact info is bad. I did a search for him or his parents but have been unable to find him. I left my business card with the Admin and they will call if they hear anymore.

I have contacted the company that makes the class rings however they are unable to get the order info because the Area Rep that made the deal no longer works for the comapany. They only keep the transaction reports for 2 years since the company only takes orders from the reps and not the general public.

I did learn that the company provides a 4-6 year free loss/stolen replacement policy with every ring. So I am glad to hear that the owner of the ring is still within that time period and has more then likely got a replacement.

So, I guess for now....I have myself a class ring from the High School up the road.

th_classring2.jpg

Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
At least you gave it a good shot...give it 30 days and if you can't find him...well, consider it yours!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update Storm. You tried, and that's all you can do.
You have one awesome ring there.
Congrats,
MM

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that all, what about DNA evidence?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal Stormtrooper.

You gave it your Best try.

Maby the next one ;)

A belated Congrats on the Find !

Jeff

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
You did all you could do. Good luck in future hunts.
Dman

R

RUDY2003

Thats all you can do storm.
Nice addition to your treasure chest....

Keep safe...

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
Your GOOD PEOPLE STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the Ring! Nascarfan

fleamarketmutt

May 10, 2007
southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
White Coinmaster classic III
Very nice of you! Not many would put the effort into finding the owner. I thought of two other resources maybe, classmates.com or reunion.com? Thanks for being a better Earthling than most!

OP
OP
Stormtrooper154

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I also added a post on Classringfinder.com just incase.  For now, off to the treasure chest it goes.

My first class ring and I am unable to return it.....Bummer!

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI/ Grand Master Hunter CX3
Awesome story Storm, that right there should show people that Detectorist are not bad people. WTG!!

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I found the owner of my last class ring on myspace.com she had a page there as so many youngsters do these days.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
You want to search for the person, go to www.zabasearch.com. Best search engine for finding people I have ever seen. If the school has an address for the student when he was going to school, it might be worth it to go talk to the neighbors.

A

Axerocker

I think you have been honest in trying to locate the owner, I always wonder when people lose things if they ever think of coming here to see if one of us found it. Great job enjoy your treasure you earned it fairly and honestly.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice try ST! Sometimes we just have to live with the fact that it's our find, LOL, I do enjoy finding and returning more than keeping as most rings are not worth much. HH, Mike

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! But did you try www.classmates.com ? Most people register there to keep in touch with people from their graduating class. He might be listed on there and/or post a note and someone might know where he is. Good luck! HH melnatcat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread