Class Ring with no Name

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just found my first class ring. It seems to be a recent lose. I have the name of the school and the year but no students name or initials. There are no inside markings at all...not even a company that made it. How do you recommend I go about finding the owner? The school is in a very urban area so I think if I just say I found a ring there will be hundreds of students claiming it. I don't feel comfortable just giving it to the school either. Would love to return to owner so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

NJ

BTW I also found a 1912 V Nickel a few feet from the ring.

bossmantx

Jan 12, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would make up a flier with your phone number on it saying you found the ring and have who ever calls give a detailed discription of the ring.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's very simple. People who loose rings usually report it to the school. Just call the school and ask if there are any reports of lost rings that were issued for that school year. If there is your problem is solved. If not tell them to contact you if one is reported lost. If a student contacts you jest ask what they had engraved on the inside of the ring. If they say nothing you have the owner. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg PS the material used to make the new school rings only has sentimental value.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say you found it you keep it......... You could spend days & month's and never find the owner..... If it was me if i did not see a lost ad in the paper it would be mine....... I don't wast my time trying to find owners of lost objects...... I think i bought my detectors to find lost items for me.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread