Class ring

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
This ring came in just like a zinc penny. My detector told me it had a VDI of 53 on a Whites (The V3i) The only reason I dug it was because my detector told me it was 5 inches deep. It's marked 10k inside the band. I found it in a school yard. It has someones initials inside. I would like to return it. My question is this. Is there a web site out there for returning lost rings? I thought I read somewhere on this forum of such a site.

Thanks

Attachments

• CIMG0444.JPG
    CIMG0444.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 577
  • CIMG0445.JPG
    CIMG0445.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 610
  • CIMG0446.JPG
    CIMG0446.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Get in contact with the school and they can check their records and see if the initials match up with the year. Once you get a name or names start off with google . Good luck and keep us posted!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
see if Olney HS has a web site. Often they have an alumni page connected. Classmates.com is also good as well

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Thats a nice ring--Congrats!

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the recovery. Olney High School is in Philadelphia Pa, their mascot is the Trojans. Hope this is a help.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Thanks you all for the great info.. So far I called the school. They asked me to email them and they would see if they could find a name in a year book. I will try those other web sites too.

Thanks again

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ticm said:
Thanks you all for the great info.. So far I called the school. They asked me to email them and they would see if they could find a name in a year book. I will try those other web sites too.

Thanks again

Great find.... for you and the original owner....unless they can't be found for one reason or another. These days, a guy's 10kt high school ring is worth a little over $140.00 in today's gold....

I have a nephew that graduated from HS about six years ago. The ring he bought wouldn't even make a sound on my detector.... For those, I would have to pass the detector over his ring and have the detector "learn" what it is in order to find any of the new ones.

I'm wondering if others have discovered the same issue....? No telling how many class rings like his are lost and walked over because the detector nulls it out....

Bill

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pedrod said:
Hey Guys!

let's do some math! if you have a 1928 class ring then if the average age of a high school graduate is 18 years old than that puts this guy as born around - 1910! I hope he made it to 101!

good luck finding the owner under these circumstances!

average life expectancy in the United States for a Male is 77.9 years according to the CDC!

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lifexpec.htm

I would say you have a good chance at keeping that ring!, but no reason to give up - you just have a high 90% chance he has gone to the next life!

The ring is dated 1978! If he was 18 when he graduated . . . then he'd only be 51 now!
I think there's a very good chance of finding the original owner still alive! :icon_thumright:

Dave

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Pedrod said:
Hey Guys!

let's do some math! if you have a 1928 class ring then if the average age of a high school graduate is 18 years old than that puts this guy as born around - 1910! I hope he made it to 101!

At first I thought it said 1928 but it's a 1978..So he should be still alive and well.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My mistake! I thought it was 1928!

It sank a long way down in 33 years!

that should be easy to find the owner - good luck Ticm!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread