Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found a class ring which is going out today to the owner. Its a 2008 grad so those require a little more work. I was lucky she still lives in a small town here in Fl. Helped a lot i had her full name inside the ring. I looked inside and it was marked GV... not sure what that stands for..... but i know when you drop it on concrete, which is a quick test for me, its gold covered steel. I called her up and she said she had lost it about a week and a half ago.... pretty surprising since i know several hunter including me had been over that area. Miss and inch .... miss a mile. Her dad was more surprised..... especially when he went to give me his address and i told him i already had it. Got to love the internet. She seemed happy to be getting the ring back. I had at least 3 of these last year by this time from the snow birds that i gave back..... so been a little slim pickens this year.

Also i found the Marine ring yesterday while hunting with 3 others from on the forums. We had a great day. I learned the disadvantage of NOT being tall. CDV is about 6 inches taller than me and i was up to my neck and thru back a crem tag. Out far enough i didnt think we would get it. The tide went down a bit.... and he asked if this was the one i tossed. Yep sure was..... wouldnt you know he got a SWEET ticket in the same area. Had a great time with the guys swapping stories, detecting and just goking.

Dew

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Tall".....my hunting partner is 6'4" and 270lbs.......I'm 5'8' & 135lbs....."He gets all the deep water!" :laughing7: I can jump up and down on my scoop in the neck deep water without breaking through the sand (which draws a lot of curious, if not disgusted looks. :laughing7:) Some sweet tickets there Dew. :thumbsup: If only we could grow up, eh.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice post, and two great finds, Dew!

Lorraine

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Next time Dew, all you will see is the tip of my snorkel....... as I walk out deeper... It was a fun day with some really nice people... FYI, I got word that a Platinum diamond band (mens) was lost in the same area after we left.

Cliff

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that class ring was there 2 weeks before it was found and i know at least 7 people had hunted there..... go get um buddy. Now everyone knows why we say hunt the low tides..... cause us short people need all the advantage we can get out there. Im just glad Mike wasnt there.... im told hes 6' 7ish.

Dew

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Nice looking rings dewcon!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good on the return Dew, And looks like you guys had a party of a time. Heard the visitors had some secret plans for todays hunting??

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les we wore our butts out swinging.... you dont leave us much buddy. You have had one heck of a killer month Les.

Dew

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Dew, i wish i could of been with you guys hunting, but been having problems with my back, it comes and go's, HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread