Class Ring

Greg407

Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3 - 6x10, 5.3, & 950 Coils

Whites XLT - 5.3 & 950 Coils
I don't go to parks much anymore but I'm really thinking I should start. The last two times I've gone to a regular park, I've struck big gold.

Last time, I got a 12 gram 14k ring, and today I was out and hit this nice UC Santa Cruz class ring (10k).

Social Media has made it really easy to identify the owner, so now I'm trying to think of a creative way to return it. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking!

G

Attachments

• image-3302977431.jpg
    image-3302977431.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 6

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantastic find. creative ways to return it would probably depend some on how close you live to them

OP
OP
G

Greg407

Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used

fantastic find. creative ways to return it would probably depend some on how close you live to them
Yeah, the guy actually works in my home town. Here's what I got so far (in short): find a close friend or relative who also lives in town (using Facebook), and recruit him or her to get in on the deal. They convince the guy that they are interested in taking up a new hobby -- Metal Detecting -- and heard there is metal detecting club in town that holds monthly meetings (there is). They them convince him that he wants to get into MDing too and they come to the meeting together. Then, during show and tell at then next meeting when I talk about my finds, I describe the ring and say his name. Thoughts?

Last edited:

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the guy actually works in my home town. Here's what I got so far (in short): find a close friend or relative who also lives in town (using Facebook), and recruit him or her to get in on the deal. They convince the guy that they are interested in taking up a new hobby -- Metal Detecting -- and heard there is metal detecting club in town that holds monthly meetings (there is). They them convince him that he wants to get into MDing too and they come to the meeting together. Then, during show and tell at then next meeting when I talk about my finds, I describe the ring and say his name. Thoughts?

That would be great if you can pull it off. Another thought would be to put it on the display table and have one of his buddies make comments to him about what a great looking ring that is (while you stand behind him) ... imagine his shock when he recognizes it and the comments he would make!

OP
OP
G

Greg407

Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used

Here's a right-side-up pic of the ring after cleaning.

Attachments

• image-2778720596.jpg
    image-2778720596.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 76

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can stop looking at that ring Greg ! What a beauty ! Make sure you get some great pictures of the return !
Glen

CA_Vermonster

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't go to parks much anymore but I'm really thinking I should start. The last two times I've gone to a regular park, I've struck big gold.

Last time, I got a 12 gram 14k ring, and today I was out and hit this nice UC Santa Cruz class ring (10k).

Social Media has made it really easy to identify the owner, so now I'm trying to think of a creative way to return it. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking!

G

Love how they are the "Banana Slugs", which you see on the inner ring. Funny to do something along those lines with the return. Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions