classic id 5

THEBELLI

Nov 28, 2007
LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
CLASSIC ID5 WHITES
just got a classic id 5 from whites via kellyco anybody ever use 1 any body have any tips on settings iam new to md ing but would like find coins ,gold, silver and clad
i will be doing school yards .ballfields and beaches on long island in new york any info would be great also open for play dates on long island thanks in advance :)

Sorry I can't help you. All I know is that Whites make a series of Meteal Detectors for Kelly Co. How good they are I don't know, but If Whites name is attached it's probably a decent machine. They don't make junk.

I'd go to www.findmall.com and ask questions there.

Good Luck and Happy hunting!!! ;)
Robert R

Some more info for you....Classic ID5

If whites made it its NOT junk.
Here is a post I found on another site about your machine:

The White's Classic 5-ID is similar to the
Posted by: Monte [ Send a PM ]
Date: November 17, 2007 05:16AM Registered: 2 years ago

original Classic ID in that it uses the same two-knob adjustment (Sensitivity and Discrimination), and the same visual TID circuitry. It comes with an 8" diameter coil like the original Classic ID did, however the Classic 4 and Classic 5-ID were designed expressly for Kellyco and have some electronics changes that make them operate at about 8.1 kHz, like the Prizm series, rather than the 6.59 kHz of the rest of the Classic line.

They use a Prizm series coil and there are only two coils available foe them. The 8" or the 950. The early Classic 5-ID came standard with the 8" and the latter models with the 950 standard. Using an early release Classic 5-ID for a field evaluation and since that time I have found coins to 7"-8" depth range with the 8" coil.

None of the Classic series have a coin depth read-out, but to tell you the truth, I very, very seldom use that function on any detector because they can be quite inaccurate based upon various settings.

Like and dislikes? Well, I like the fact that the 5-ID operates at a different frequency because it allows two people to hunt close together with similar models. My friends, Chris & Aundrea, bought the 5-ID I evaluated from Kellyco so they could hunt close together since Aundrea uses a Classic ID.

While it works quite similar to the Classic series at 6.59 kHz, I have noticed a little subtle difference, but I use Classic's a lot and have for over a dozen years. I prefer the Classic ID to the 5-ID mainly because they make use of all the Blue Max series of search coils as used my the XLT, XL Pro, and the Classic III SL and IDX/IDX Pro. I favor smaller coils and only own and use a 6½" coil on my IDX Pro. Aundrea does, also, and Chris wishes there was a smaller coil available for his Classic 5-ID.

However, if you don't mind an 8" or 9½" coil and can pick up a Classic 5-ID reasonably, it might be the right choice for you. Bill Crabtree at Surfscanner Detectors is able to do his modifications on them which would add an external Threshold and manual GB control making them quite versatile.

I favor my own 'BCM' IDX Pro because I use smaller coins, and it has a broader low--end range of acceptance in the Disc. mode that I make use of.

Same as the old classic ID except it runs on the Prizm series frequency. There are not as many coils available for it. 8, 9.5 and a 3 x 18 inch bigfoot coil from jimmysierra.com Mr Bill can do his mods to it also. I have added GB and threshold to all my old classics. I know on the older classic ID's if I hit a nickel I would get a ghost flash just to the left side of the nickel notch. Other than that just dig it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back