Classsic 3 and classic 3 SL coils

Trigger

Nov 3, 2008
Can anyone tell me please,if the Whites Classic 3 which is powered by the 3 nine volt batteries and the Classic 3 SL models which are powered by the 8 AA penlights, can take the 9 1/2" polo coils,even if they come with the 8" coil as standard.Also can they both take the 12" Hot Shot coils..

I have used the Classic 2 many years ago,which had the 8" coil..This coil was soldered to the mother board itself,and as such,could not be removed.I was also told that this model could'nt accept any other size coil,even if this standard coil was unsoldered...Hence my question

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Trigger

Nov 3, 2008
:thumbsup:Many thanks for your reply..The reason i asked was ,i have one of the Hot Shot coils here.And i was wondering which of the lower frequency it would fit..I know they fit the Eagle and XLT etc,but it was the humble Classics that i'm looking at for a back up..It should work a treat on these machines then :occasion14: :)

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
a ferrit or 12", i tryed looking for the ferrit when i had my qxts, heard they are a great coil, see one on the finds forun now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread