Claudine Fulton Ellis

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone can get anything notarized, all it means is that there is witness to what is being notarized, none of this should be taken that the content of what is being notarized is true or accurate. The world is full of cases of just the opposite, scammers and hawkers routinely use the notary ruse, etc. Also, no possible way to prove that the signers are lying if there is no proof that the content ever existed. One should take such things with a grain of salt, just ask any "honest" used car salesman....:laughing7:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone can get anything notarized, all it means is that there is witness to what is being notarized, none of this should be taken that the content of what is being notarized is true or accurate. The world is full of cases of just the opposite, scammers and hawkers routinely use the notary ruse, etc. Also, no possible way to prove that the signers are lying if there is no proof that the content ever existed. One should take such things with a grain of salt, just ask any "honest" used car salesman....:laughing7:

If on the other hand you do not believe a notarized document then you may as well call everyone living a LIAR.

We are not selling cars.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Are they actual "notarized affidavits" or notarized declarations or witness statements ? There is an important difference that involves the validity of the given statement'
A declaration is merely a written statement document in which the person making the statement "believes to be true".

A witness statement contains information based on the persons BELIEF of what they can state as true, although NOT BASED ON FIRSTHAND INFORMATION.

For a signed statement or a witness statement to become a legal affidavit, it must contain the name and address of the affiant, the date and location when and where the statement was given, the source of the information, and MOST IMPORTANT, the grounds for the affiant's belief in the accuracy and validity of the given statement, and of course, the affiant's signature.
Then to become a legal affidavit to be considered as True and Valid evidence, it must contain an "endorsement paragraph" and a proper official must administer THE OATH OF AFFIRMATION.
If a statement presented as an affidavit does not meet all these requirements, it is considered a STATEMENT, and is considered as less reliable as evidence.

A declaration and statement can be notarized, but that does not affirm the validity of the given statement, just the person and the date the statement was made...
I, ECS, after reading all posts made by Franklin concerning the location of Beale treasure, traveled to Bedford county, Virginia and located the stone lined vault used by Beale and his perilous adventures to secure their treasure.
It was empty except for a stone with a message written on it: "Jean Laf was here".

Now, I can have this statement signed and dated in from of a Notary, and have it notarized, BUT, that does not make the statement a true valid statement, only that I legally signed this statement in the presence of a Notary.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No proxy here, just making the point about the differences between notarized statements and legal court affidavits more accessible
by providing a very basic and simple example that most can understand.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, ECS, after reading all posts made by Franklin concerning the location of Beale treasure, traveled to Bedford county, Virginia and located the stone lined vault used by Beale and his perilous adventures to secure their treasure.
It was empty except for a stone with a message written on it: "Jean Laf was here".

Now, I can have this statement signed and dated in from of a Notary, and have it notarized, BUT, that does not make the statement a true valid statement, only that I legally signed this statement in the presence of a Notary.

All BS and you know it. There are notarized documents that are not court documents. Take a car title or deed to your property. They do not become court property until they are registered at the court house. Not all legal documents go to a court house. The title to your car never makes it to a court house. Maybe you should give me all your cars you do not legally own them.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
All BS and you know it. There are notarized documents that are not court documents...
You totally missing the point after I posted a valid example that a notarized statement which certifies that signature is the person who gave the statement is NOT the same as an affidavit which must contain the "endorsement paragraph" and after the Oath of Affirmation, if the statement is found to false, is considered as perjury, and will be treated by the court as such.

Once again, a notarized declaration or statement is not subject to perjury, and is not considered as reliable evidence.
With that stated, the notarized statements and declarations in the Ellis book are not what legally be considered as affidavits.

As with my provided example, similar in content to those in Ellis's work I can get that notarized, but that is not valid proof that the signed statement is in any way true, just that I made that statement.

...and that my friend, Franklin, is not BS, but the truth.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That average seems to be better than your current run of posts! :happysmiley:

So what you are saying is that anyone can have a statement notarized, no matter the content and it becomes truth.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That average seems to be better than your current run of posts! :happysmiley:

Thanks but I am not the one green in the face with envy?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOPE, wasn't TJB; just the "Spirit"... NO affidavit necessary, as it was "over time"; I have her book. "franklin" spent time with her, listening & talking, etc. Law of Attraction MATTERS! :hello2: :coffee2:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I realize that it is quite natural to defend someone you know, but it also creates a wall of bias that shadows critical analysis of the message presented that hinders the search for more light.

One aspect all these works have in common, the Harts, Innis, Ellis, beginning with the original 1885 Beale Papers is everything stated is based only on the word of the author, and referenced "items", or hard provenance, in each of these works, suddenly no longer exists after the work is published, so one must accept the word of these authors that these items actually existed.

Without any provenance that can be produced for documentation, one then has to suspect that these authors took what was written in the 1885 Beale Papers, realizing that no provenance proof existed, added their own version to the original tale, citing non existent items as proof...
...and the beat goes on...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread