Clay County Missouri Historical Society Museum

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
My wife and I visited our grandchildren recently in Liberty Missouri. They live just off the town square close to Jewel College.

Many times, I have visited the Clay County Historical Society Museum on the square to view the Indian relics. These relics were found locally by a local collector named Jim Willoughby and donated to the Clay County Historical Society Museum a number of years ago.
Clay County Historical Society.jpg

The Clay County Historical Society Museum is a local history museum in a historic building in Liberty, Missouri. The museum building dates to 1865. It was a drug store and a doctor's office until 1963, when it was turned into a museum. Located at 14 North Main Street Liberty, MO 64068 the museum is easy to find, and parking is available on the street or nearby.

If you are in the area, stop by Clay County Historical Society Museum and check out the relics. Also let me know I may be there visiting, and we can visit as well.

Clay County Historical Society Museum1.jpg

Clay County Historical Society Museum2.jpg

Upvote 12

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Missouri for over 20 years, there are so many nice artifacts there.

Thanks for the thread..

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Those are nice and I’m glad the originals are out for people to enjoy. Most museums in this area will make reproductions and display them instead of the real artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread