Cleaning Bedrock Boil Holes

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the video Hurthawk, enjoyed it thoroughly. Your like me, I rescue stuff all the time that other people wouldn't think twice about squashing or ignoring. People might think I am silly for stopping my car and getting a turtle out of the road before it gets hit, but the week I rescued two turtles and some other animals, I hit some really nice paydirt that weekend...

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice one. Those pollies are gonna give ya good karma. :thumbsup:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flick, here is one I found the other day.

Attachments

• IMG_0967.JPG
    IMG_0967.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 431
OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Large gravel and cobbles are swept in to the horizontal swirl holes and grind any gold there like a ball mill. The gold eventually gets to the consistency of talcum powder and is swept out of the hole. That is why I look for holes that slant back in to the bedrock. Compacted material will build up in the back of those holes and that is where you have a better chance of finding gold...even an occasional picker.
Rick

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hurthawk said:
Large gravel and cobbles are swept in to the horizontal swirl holes and grind any gold there like a ball mill. The gold eventually gets to the consistency of talcum powder and is swept out of the hole. That is why I look for holes that slant back in to the bedrock. Compacted material will build up in the back of those holes and that is where you have a better chance of finding gold...even an occasional picker.
Rick

That is spot on Rick,I wasnt going to say anything but I have found that to be true.I have dredged holes that I had to stand on my head to get to the bottom,and thought there would be a jackpot at the bottom,right??Nope not the case,very seldom do you find much in them.I will say my buddies 24 ouncer did come from one though,so now makes me rethink all of them I have worked by years past!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread