Cleaning clad coins

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried a recipe last night and ran the tumbler for 45 minutes and was amazed at the results. I need to give a shout-out to T.C. for posting his recipe. You only need enough lemon juice to cover the coins (3-4 oz) and about 3 tablespoons of salt. After 45 minutes the coins came out like new. Well at least 99% did. I then reused the concoction to clean the pennies. This method is the way to go. I paid a little over $2 for the lemon juice and you get 2 containers of salt for a dollar at the local Dollar General store. You can clean about 16 batches of coins with a 32oz bottle if you do your silver 1st and then reuse the same mixture for the pennies.

Please try this, you will be amazed at the results.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just soak my beach clad in a little cheap vinegar overnight. Usually cleans them enough for the coinstar machine

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you just what them clean enough so you don't have issues with the coin machine what I do is just put them in a tumbler (harbor freight, 2 barrel ~$40 when on sale & coupon) add little soap & water and tumble.
If you want them to be shinny clean put in some aquarium stone and or other stuff.
Do the pennies separately

OP
OP
R

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys thanks for all the info. I will be truing some of these methods

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread