Cleaning Finds In A Tumbler

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
Here's a video I made while cleaning clad finds and pennies in a tumbler for the first time. Maybe some of you might be interested in trying it out too. Dan

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great video Dan, im going to invest in one of those tumblers. you ans Ladigger did a great job.
how much was it and does the size or type of rocks make a difference or whats you preference?
Bert

OP
OP
G

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
I believe I paid either $32 or $38 for the tumbler in the video. We already had a bag of aquarium rocks. Don't know what size they are but they're small like pea gravel.

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:icon_thumright: Great vid,Dan. I always wondered how this worked. I picked up a brand new tumbler lastyear at a yard sale for $1. I'm going to use it now that I know how :icon_thumleft:

SteveOnTheHunt

Jun 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ACE 250, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...Off to ebay to get one...LOL Great vid, thanks for posting

SteveOnTheHunt

Jun 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ACE 250, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang:
And it's ON IT's WAY!!!

:laughing7:

Yessss

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Thanks for the video. I wondered if it was worth it to tumble the pennies. I thought that everyone went to the coinstar machine. I didn't want to give them 10%. I have a bunch of almost unrecognizeable pennies!
That's a great buy on a tumbler. :headbang:

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Many here on TNET have complained about the smell emitted by the tumblers bought at Harbor Freight. Did you experience any foul smell?

Great job on the video!

Mel

borninok

OP
OP
G

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
borninok said:
Many here on TNET have complained about the smell emitted by the tumblers bought at Harbor Freight. Did you experience any foul smell?

Great job on the video!

Mel

borninok

The tumbler is made of rubber. I could smell the rubber. Other than that I didn't notice any other odor.

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300,Whites Pulse Scan TDI, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Has anyone used crushed walnut shell? I use the walnut shell to clean my brass for reloading.
A lot less abrasive.
CH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread