Cleaning out a junk house.......Look what you can find

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a big cleanout bid for a reality company. This place has been empty since last year and the grass is 4 feet tall. I finished cleaning out the house with nothing spectacular in there. Started in the outbuilding and bang....the thrill is back. I have a whole building of nothing but tools and tool boxes but I haven't got to that one yet....:laughing7: I wanted to show what I found in the first building that looked like total junk...let me know what you think..... SAM_0586.JPG

Upvote 22

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only did you get them for free, they actually paid you to take them. Thats how to do it! :headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice recovery!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, One man's junk is another man's treasure, I'll take it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to clean out houses in AZ that college kids moved out of so much stuff these kids were brats most had nom respect for money or property their parents paid for!!!!I was killin it Those are great finds there my friend!!!!! It didn't take a year to dig em up!!!!!!

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll offer you the same service at a TNet member discounted rate. I'll haul away that junk from you for free.

Last edited:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find. looks like they're gold plated? my personal opinion is that plating destroys any numismatic collector value of the coins, but they still at least retain a bicentennial collectable value. could be also that the Ike is a type one. got a pic of the reverse?

OP
OP
kingskid1611

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll offer you the same service at a TNet member discounted rate. I'll haul away that junk from you for free.

When can you start...This year I have been swamped with house cleanouts. Its an absolutely crazy year for it....

OP
OP
kingskid1611

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find. looks like they're gold plated? my personal opinion is that plating destroys any numismatic collector value of the coins, but they still at least retain a bicentennial collectable value. could be also that the Ike is a type one. got a pic of the reverse?

They are gold plated....Denver mint. And yes here is a pic of the back for you.... SAM_0588.JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only did you get them for free, they actually paid you to take them. Thats how to do it! :headbang:

Really, Is there anything sweater than get paid to take something valuable? WINNER!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting paid twice is awesome!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome.

But now I'm dying to see those tools. Hope you find some great stuff. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread