Cleaning up the high school,with the Deus!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well,my friend and I have about cleaned out the poor boy high school. I went back this morning and set the Deus up for depth,since all the "easy picki'ns" had been found.:thumbsup: Every coin I found was at least 8+ inches down. I dug a clad dime at 10 inches,and it was toasted!
00318_zpse8120bff.jpg
Didn't find any silver,but before it was over,I was wishing I had my Sampson Shovel along!:BangHead: The Garrett Edge Digger did fine,but it would have been a lot easier to use the Sampson!:laughing7: I did find one dime in one of my friends holes. I ran the coil over the plug,and it signaled a dime,so I flipped up the plug,and ran the coil over the hole,and plug. It showed the dime down in the hole dead center. I dug down about another 3 inches,and checked the hole. The signal was gone,so I ran the coil over the dirt I had removed,BINGO! It had to be at around 9 inches,since the plug was 6 inches deep. He had forgot to double check the hole before flipping the plug back in! I can't wait to razz him about that!:laughing7: One thing I learned today was that if the black area on the "horseshoe" is tiny and at the very tip of the curve on the right side,you better get ready to dig deep!:laughing7:
00123_zps862f69cb.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha I actully just noticed that the,other day the horsshoe its pretty accurate its definetly something oposite then the other detectors Ive used but I like it ferros one side non the other with depth on both for each my wife finally tried it she loves the weight & how fast it doesnt matter the only thing she doesnt like about it is no icons to give her an idea of what it is just tone & vdi, & the depth she first didnt like she ususlly just sees oh ok 4" down ok now she judges on the horseshoe depth me i love it she is gettin there been practicing in the backyard with it I think she is tring to jack that one to but ah i dont think so lol

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha I actully just noticed that the,other day the horsshoe its pretty accurate its definetly something oposite then the other detectors Ive used but I like it ferros one side non the other with depth on both for each my wife finally tried it she loves the weight & how fast it doesnt matter the only thing she doesnt like about it is no icons to give her an idea of what it is just tone & vdi, & the depth she first didnt like she ususlly just sees oh ok 4" down ok now she judges on the horseshoe depth me i love it she is gettin there been practicing in the backyard with it I think she is tring to jack that one to but ah i dont think so lol
You gotta watch these girls,they have ways of getting what they want!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey she's Lucky she been using the pro

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10" clad? Uhhgg! Get the backhoe out for the silver!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya 10" is not surprising by the deus xp's i actually cant wait for just a little bit a rain to get the ground moist set up a deep program & c how deep this baby really goes

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10" clad? Uhhgg! Get the backhoe out for the silver!
Yeah,it's sickning how deep the clad coins go here,but it's loose sandy soil,so they sink fast! Silver must be in China!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Least u got the right tool for the job

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rain has stopped for over a week now,and the soil has dried. The Deus still amazes me by the depth it finds clad coins. Still regularly finding them at 7-8 inches in dry soil!:thumbsup: A copper penny still gives a clear signal @ 7-8 inches all day long. The digging sucks though!:-\ The ground is as hard as a brick!:BangHead:

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the school this morning. The ground was damp from the rain we got last night. I found about a zillion penny's!:laughing7: 15 nickels (one buffalo 1936),and a few dimes. Also a diamond stud earing @ 9 inches. The signals were great since the soil was damp,but the Deus was a dirty mess.:laughing7: It cleans up easily though!:thumbsup:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the school this morning. The ground was damp from the rain we got last night. I found about a zillion penny's!:laughing7: 15 nickels (one buffalo 1936),and a few dimes. Also a diamond stud earing @ 9 inches. The signals were great since the soil was damp,but the Deus was a dirty mess.:laughing7: It cleans up easily though!:thumbsup:

This on your 4kHz "coinshoot" program?

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This on your 4kHz "coinshoot" program?
That was on 12kHz! Christo,and I are working on. Still haven't got some problems fixed. I can't tell a pull tab from a nickel.:dontknow: Same ID,same Tone!:dontknow: I did run the "coinshoot" program some,and got a break form digging tabs!:thumbsup: The 12 kHz programs hit clear,but the ID spacing is very close on almost all targets,and over laps on some. The 4 kHz program has great power "TX power is set to high,by default",and for coinshooting it works great. I think 12 kHz will "see" smaller targets better, at a deeper depth. I'm thinking now maybe a 8kHz program may be the best of both frequencys,and will let you get good target separation,and see smaller targets deep too? I'm gonna make a copy of the coinshoot program,but use 8 kHz and see what happens? The 4 kHz coinshoot program is supposed to use a lot of power,since the TX power is "fixed" at high,but I don't know how that effects the battery life. I've ran it for 4-5 hrs,and never ran low on power yet. How long it will run at that setting will have to be found out!:dontknow: This machine is a deep machine,no matter what program you use. I like it!:occasion14:

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rks1949, The good things about digging pull tabs is that if the area has been hunted a lot by other detectorists, there is a good chance if the area had any gold jewelry it is still there. I have hunted a lot of areas that have been picked for coins but if I start digging a lot of pull tabs then I know all the other hunters were cherry picking and the gold is still there. Just my positive outlook on digging pull tabs...lol

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rks1949, The good things about digging pull tabs is that if the area has been hunted a lot by other detectorists, there is a good chance if the area had any gold jewelry it is still there. I have hunted a lot of areas that have been picked for coins but if I start digging a lot of pull tabs then I know all the other hunters were cherry picking and the gold is still there. Just my positive outlook on digging pull tabs...lol
I never thought about it that way? Great idea!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought about it that way? Great idea!:thumbsup:

Goin out today & gonna start from the point of when I put it up can't get enough of these deep signals lol, I got another program I been working on should b done today to so we'll c

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a new site yesterday with a friend. It's a church and they have had annual church picknicks /fun fairs there for years. Found some clad,a 1930 wheat,and a gold charm,with different colored stones in it (kinda like a mothers ring with their kids birthstones?) The thing looks like a almond to me?:dontknow: The other half is missing,it wasn'
t in the hole! It came in at the low 30's on the TID? I also found a old metal button,I've got it soaking.I hit a lot of targets in the 7-9 inch range,glad I had the Sampson along!:laughing7:
00129_zps5b586fc7.jpg
00411_zps3da5bd32.jpg
00320_zps14eabf2f.jpg

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds man these machines r like the clean up detectors I'm starting to like it when people say oh that place oh its hunted out, just laugh in my head throw on a nice deep program & show em what they missed lol

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds man these machines r like the clean up detectors I'm starting to like it when people say oh that place oh its hunted out, just laugh in my head throw on a nice deep program & show em what they missed lol
You got that right!:thumbsup: I've been over the places I've hunted,a lot,and found coins deeper in the ground with the Deus!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No place is ever hunted out....

Especially with a XP Deus in your hand!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also dug this metal button,from the church yard the other day! Since I've never hunted relics,I don't know for sure what it is? It has a eagle on it,with a anchor beneath the eagle,and 3 cannon balls below the anchor? Is this a old navy button? It was deep around 8 inches.
00130_zpsf44e4be2.jpg
00413_zps41f90eb2.jpg
00230_zps9c88a4e4.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions