Cleaning your Nox 800

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m just talking about the coil. I’ve had coil covers on other detectors but the Nox is new to me. I saw what looked like a cover on the coil but wasn’t ready to try to remove it. The users manual says it has a skid plate but doesn’t say how to remove it. I’ve since watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to remove it and replace it....so I’m good now.

Can you clarify whether you are talking about the coil or the control head? The control head has a factory clear face protector for shipping protection, no cover is provided. Coil covers come standard with all ML Equinox Coils, including the stock coil. HTH

Last edited:

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m just talking about the coil. I’ve had coil covers on other detectors but the Nox is new to me. I saw what looked like a cover on the coil but wasn’t ready to try to remove it. The users manual says it has a skid plate but doesn’t say how to remove it. I’ve since watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to remove it and replace it....so I’m good now.

Mine came with the coil cover, as did my excal

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh my bad then! I thought your were talking about the pod. Yes there is coil cover to remove and keep clean.

Many of us who beach hunt do not use a coil cover! :icon_thumleft:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my bad then! I thought your were talking about the pod. Yes there is coil cover to remove and keep clean.

Many of us who beach hunt do not use a coil cover! :icon_thumleft:

Dave - ya, your response is why I asked. Especially after he said "That's what I thought." From my vantage point looked like you were talking about two different things, especially when you said "protectors to go over the top" which did not jive at all if the topic was coil covers.

Hddeuce03

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil covers come off easily, just pop them off and clean after each use.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the house is built somehow, it does not mean that the builders have provided for your actions and the possibility of using high-pressure sinks. Maybe they were counting on you to sponge off the dirt. The owners of my new home sold me a two-story mansion that had nothing but walls. I had to first make estimates, it's good that there is a company https://www.airconservicingsingapore.com/chemical-overhaul/ that does this. I would also think that the builders should have taken into account my desire to move in immediately and live like all the neighbors. But no, I had to do the repairs myself

17-The-Big-Lebowski-quotes.jpg

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scratch the word "easily" and I can agree with you. Easier than my XP Deus, though.

My excal cover was easy to install and remove, the eq800 is a bear to remove. Think it might break every time I remove it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread