Clear dime rolls

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the bank, and which state your in. Here in Indiana almost all major banks service coin through Brinks. You can always ask the head teller, he or she should know.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Clear wrappers are brinks wrappers. Clear wrappers can either be your best friend or worst enemy.

It depends on the person, but I personally, and many others on the forum haven't found a single dime in Brinks boxes. However, others that is all they search.

Clear wrapped coins of any sort can lead you to not check "dirty" rims. Yes, often these are clad, but often a dirty rim will be a silver, usually an older one such as a Barber or an older Merc. ALWAYS check the "dirty" rims. Unless you can clearly see a line of copper in the coin (EXCEPT in halves, you must date check those as an uncirculated 40%er will look exactly like a modern copper-nickel clad) check it! You don't want to dump a Barber!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brinks i find craploads

once again its not the carrier its the bank

dunno how many times i will have to preach this here.....the chains DO NOT comingle in the armored facilities.

that is all

Bigheed

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Generic_Lad said:
Clear wrappers can either be your best friend or worst enemy.

It depends on the person, but I personally, and many others on the forum haven't found a single dime in Brinks boxes. However, others that is all they search.

I have searched $6500 in Brinks clear wrapped dimes, and have never found a single silver.

Yet, another CRH in my city has found quite a few silvers in Brinks clear dimes.

I'm not going to waste another minute of my life searching Brinks dimes...but that is just me.

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like looking for the 82 no P dimes so i tend to date check them all clear or string wrapped

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8dagr8345 said:
Is there a way to get boxes of dimes that are rolled with clear wrappers? If so, which car delivers them?
Thanks
Nate

It is usually the one that looks like it has armored sides and frosted glass in the back. You can't mistake it, the driver and passenger
both pack heat..... :laughing7:

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
I have searched maybe 6 boxes of clear wrap dimes and have yet to find anything worth keeping. I have found some nice keepers in clear wrap nickels, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread