CLEAR WRAPPERS ARE THEY THE NORM?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a hardcore CRH but I like to grab a few roll's whenever I think about it, anyway I went into a B.o Amer, branch and asked for some dimes and when the teller gave them to me I noticed they were Clear Wrapped [ i,m looking for silver] so almost instantly could tell there was no silver coins in the wrappers .[no fun searching those rolls] is there certain banks or places that use this type of wrapper that I should avoid? Thanks Davers :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their has been lots of good finds in the plastic wrappers.

I also know the BOA teller at one bank near me CRHs the plastic wrappers.

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
Bank of America where I live uses Brinks. The boxes I buy always have clear wrapped coins. Buy a box so you can ensure that they haven't been searched thru already.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found as many silver in the clear rolls but I have found some and ya I found them in sealed boxes-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
my man davers, these clear wrappers are the norm for the coin carrier Brinks in all denominations other than the half dollar. also my homie, different banks use different armored trucks/coin carrier companies in most cases. There are some towns that I know of wherein the banks all use the same carrier/truck company.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOPS!

I'm not a hardcore CRH but I like to grab a few roll's whenever I think about it, anyway I went into a B.o Amer, branch and asked for some dimes and when the teller gave them to me I noticed they were Clear Wrapped [ i,m looking for silver] so almost instantly could tell there was no silver coins in the wrappers .[no fun searching those rolls] is there certain banks or places that use this type of wrapper that I should avoid? Thanks Davers :thumbsup:

sorry if putting the bank name [kinda] in the thread . My bad . Thanks to everyone for the good advice . Davers

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry if putting the bank name [kinda] in the thread . My bad . Thanks to everyone for the good advice . Davers

There isn't anything to be sorry about putting the bank name in the thread. as long as you dont give a specific location there is nothing to worry about. look at me, I talk about PNC, diss 5/3s, and talk about several banks by name without any moral reprehension.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my man davers, these clear wrappers are the norm for the coin carrier Brinks in all denominations other than the half dollar. also my homie, different banks use different armored trucks/coin carrier companies in most cases. There are some towns that I know of wherein the banks all use the same carrier/truck company.

Cool thanks for the info, 50 , one learns something new everyday. Peace Davers

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Also, Davers, don't be so sure that there isn't silver just because there is no apparent bright silver rim. There are plenty of dirty rims that need closer scrutiny.

Image034.jpg

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do need to update the silver p0rn as the picture is old, but there is nothing wrong in vintage p0rn.

Lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, Davers, don't be so sure that there isn't silver just because there is no apparent bright silver rim. There are plenty of dirty rims that need closer scrutiny.

Image034.jpg

It's new to me & what a Purdy picture.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There isn't anything to be sorry about putting the bank name in the thread. as long as you dont give a specific location there is nothing to worry about. look at me, I talk about PNC, diss 5/3s, and talk about several banks by name without any moral reprehension.

Cool thx for the info,I swear yesterday when I first checked this thread there was some kinda pop up saying something like no advertising or something to that effect ,but its not there now :icon_scratch: PEACE OUT MY GANGSTA STYLE HOMMIE :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-[
Cool thx for the info,I swear yesterday when I first checked this thread there was some kinda pop up saying something like no advertising or something to that effect ,but its not there now :icon_scratch: PEACE OUT MY GANGSTA STYLE HOMMIE :thumbsup:

Just realized ,I was NOT logged in & saw the caption" Reg, users wont see this ad" So I was wrong about ,thinking a Mod thought I was promoting BOA ,what a brain fart ,too much Chronic back in the day:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread