Cleared street block in Tampa

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found a block in Tampa where there were 6-8 residential homes, that were removed around 2006. They started showing up on topo maps around 1965-1969. So there are no more houses, from google earth you can make out where the walkways and driveways to the houses were.

Area is mowed, not overgrown. It seems like they didn't do a good job in cleaning out the debris, its like they buried a lot of it. I have never had my detector go off so much. ALOT of it is junk, like window frames, flashing, etc. Whats interesting however is that in the 30 minutes I was there, I found over 12 coins. Many of them were just sitting on top of the ground, very weird. I did not expect to find so much.

So there is ALOT of junk and a fair amount of coins. The coins were all dated 1970's-1980's, nothing special. The tree's do not have lower roots exposed, so the soil has been moved around or is new.

If someone would like to hit this area with me I would be interested in seeing how others approach this sort of challenging spot. I plan to go back when the weather is better and I have more time. I plan to hit the front yard areas. There is even small stones, like are used for landscaping/gravel in plant beds buried, sort of chatahootchee looking stones. There is the usual can slaw as well. I found a sign on the ground and it looks like maybe something from a circus or fair, anyone know? I am wondering if thats why there were so many coins just sitting there.

IMG_0974.jpg IMG_0975.jpg IMG_0976.jpg IMG_0977.jpg

Lbcwanabe

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from hudson, fl
Id be interested in checking it out with you. My work schedule is wierd and i normally have days off in the middle of the week. Maybe we can set somthing up.
Russ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions