Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am very curius on this one.

I have often wondered what would be in them...but always so full of trash they that are undetectible unless I was to remove all the junk which seems like a big task.

But others who have been detecting around them prolly think the same thing about --too much tarsh--and they most likely are virgin pickings.

Do you guys ever clear out all the old junk...iron\metal from a foundation that you know is old ?

And do you find any good stuff in them. ?

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Discrimination is your friend. I've located several of these areas with good results.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had good of luck with modern disappearing home sites compared to home sites that disappeared 100 years ago. For example you have two home sites established at the same time then in 1890 one home site disappears and the other one continues for another 100 years. First of all there's 100 years of more garbage at the longer existing home site. I find a lot of times heavy equipment was used on cleaning up the modern site which scatters bits and pieces of junk every were. I have detected farms/ homes sites that were very wealthy in the 1800's and there has to be good finds. Problem is people dumped for years, junk every were, Not good. Or I can find a meager one room shack site from the 1800's but was gone by 1900 and make some great finds. Bummer part is ya know there should be some good finds at the trashy sites. I am sure if one took the time a heavy trash area could be combed well. Just too much trash for me, I don't have the patience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread