Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, its allowed, and hunted heavily by at least 50 others. :D

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to mention you have to leave the beach every 30 minutes to plug quarters into the parking meter. Lots of better beaches a short drive away.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted Clearwater beach many times, if I was you I would head to St Pete beach....Not that far of a drive and a lot more beach to hunt....

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Come on down, plenty of beaches in the Tampa bay area to hunt. St. Pete, Clearwater, Ft. Desoto, etc. More beaches than you have time to hunt!!! Plenty of Water hunters as well as beach hunters! Welcome!

Flapjack23

Greenie
Jan 22, 2015
Saline MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 and garret pinpointer (original)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to be in clearwater this weekend, might try hunting it myself (not sure if I count as 53 or not), going to try a couple of the Venice beaches before I get up that way though.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are water hunting in Venice and dont time it with low tides you might need a snorkel or you will find yourself walking the shore line mostly. A windy day there also makes it REAL choppy. They have done a lot or renurishment in St Pete area.... in fact Bradenton and now Lido beach. We'd best hope for a good Spring break crowd.

Dew

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you are handicapped, parking is free. Didn't find that out after I fed $5.00 for parking. Saw a cop and asked, Nope, handicap is free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread