Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very few finds today.
Working my way back to car I found this.
I was too tired to care.
If anyone is interested in this kind of thing pm me for exact location.
Could be more there.
20180325_112440_crop_312x353.jpg

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a lot of old coins have been popping up at CWB

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is silver. I know a lot of beach hunters are only looking for jewelry, but I actually really enjoy finding older coins. I hope you find more of what you're looking for the next time you're out!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll take a Merc any day. Just spent 5 hrs in the water at CWB and came away with 12 coins, 9 of which were cents, and 2 junk rings but did notice that they're scraping sand off of South beach for the annual sand sculpture type contest they have every year. Take that top 6" of sand off the top and it will uncover some old stuff now in detector range...guess I should have worked the dry sand.

OP
OP
G

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take a Merc any day. Just spent 5 hrs in the water at CWB and came away with 12 coins, 9 of which were cents, and 2 junk rings but did notice that they're scraping sand off of South beach for the annual sand sculpture type contest they have every year. Take that top 6" of sand off the top and it will uncover some old stuff now in detector range...guess I should have worked the dry sand.

Good to know

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gamiller.... nice find on the LIBERTY. It's been cold at the beach the last couple of weeks. I hit Fort Desoto with family over the past weekend and much of the time people were in sweatpants/jackets with only a few hours where some bikini's were making an appearance. Soon, the warm weather will be here, but reality is the spring break didn't bring a ton of people into the water, so my guess is that for now the dry sand is the place to be. Question for you... are you using any type of homemade waterproof headphone arrangement, or are you staying head-above-water for now and just doing wireless? I keep waiting for minelab to put the stupid waterproof headphones for ordering, but i just keep waiting.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gridded CWB dry pretty hard... saw a couple other Equinoxes go by... still only a couple bucks and nearly high from second hand smoke. Teens are so dumb.

OP
OP
G

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gamiller.... nice find on the LIBERTY. It's been cold at the beach the last couple of weeks. I hit Fort Desoto with family over the past weekend and much of the time people were in sweatpants/jackets with only a few hours where some bikini's were making an appearance. Soon, the warm weather will be here, but reality is the spring break didn't bring a ton of people into the water, so my guess is that for now the dry sand is the place to be. Question for you... are you using any type of homemade waterproof headphone arrangement, or are you staying head-above-water for now and just doing wireless? I keep waiting for minelab to put the stupid waterproof headphones for ordering, but i just keep waiting.

Staying head above water. Last time at CWB was mostly dry sand hunt.
I'm not seeing many people in the water yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread