CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love and appreciate any help identifying these points. These were found by my late father in the early 60's in northern Nevada near Jackpot. Would like to know age and what they are made of. I think they are Clovis.
Thank you.
IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1887.JPG

IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1889.JPG

Upvote 0

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
They don't look like Clovis culture to me, There are no basal fluting apparent in the images.

Is there any basal grinding? Are the basal areas complete or broken off on all the examples, one appears to be broken.

the material looks to be obsidian or a high grade fine grained basalt from the images, but it would take in person viewing to know the material 100%.

OP
OP
RelicMaster777

RelicMaster777

Jul 8, 2018
Gold Cost Long Island n.y. Fema region II
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't look like Clovis culture to me, There are no basal fluting apparent in the images.

Is there any basal grinding? Are the basal areas complete or broken off on all the examples, one appears to be broken.

the material looks to be obsidian or a high grade fine grained basalt from the images, but it would take in person viewing to know the material 100%.

The basal areas are complete on two of them with one being broken at a angle. The material is shinny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions