Club to open Caribbean Pirate Museum to make $ while TH for Pirate Treasures!

TheMuseumGuy

Apr 14, 2009
La Romana
Endless Treasure Hunting and the Endless Summer! How about a plan to make a nice income while dressing as a pirate & looking for buried pirate treasures in the Caribbean? It is estimated the club members may achieve at least $100K per year each in income from the club’s businesses including a Pirate Museum located directly in the path of the over 4 million tourists to the area.

Synopsis:

I have been involved in a treasure hunting operation here in the Dominican Republic for the last 21 years and this is what I have learned… how NOT to run this type of operation!

First, for many treasure hunters, the hunt is the most important thing. I have seen posts where people are willing to come search your land and the owner keeps anything they find.

Second, finding something is great but secondary.

Third, finding something and becoming rich would be cool, but it is third on the list and to some, not all that important at all. Getting credit for the find would do just as well in many cases for bragging rights, especially if you found something awesome and then gave it to its rightful owner in view of the whole world and it then goes into your museum with your name given credit for the find.

Besides, if you are making a nice income while for looking for treasure and part of what you find goes in your museum to increase that income, who cares?

Fourth, I think having an investor fund a treasure hunt is a good way to frustrate people. It also puts a time constraint on the project so weather and down equipment, sick days and other such hindrances can affect the outcome dramatically adding to the frustration. It also limits how much “fun” you can have on other people’s money, or should at least.

A better approach would be, I think, a self-funding treasure hunt with no time constraints and with a built-in income & retirement plan!

I suggest a treasure-hunting club called: The Last Pirate Club, which funds itself with several cash cows.

This club would be a group of 5 to 10 semi or fully retired people that wish to live out their lives in the tropics and dress like pirates and help out in a pirate museum some, look for treasure and hang out with the friendly locals & tourists on the beach, play golf etc. and invest from $5K to $10K each for an even share in the club, and hopefully, in a short period of time, retire off the profits of the club.

Club members have control over the investment and how things are run and help where and when they can.

Read about the plan on the Website and contact me if you are interested.
http://www.TheLastPirateClub.com

I am going to try a post a picture of Saona Island where the pirates Captain William Kidd, Sir Henry Morgan, Blackbeard, Cofresi and numerous others called home for over two centuries. There is rumored to be multiple buried treasures there!

Attachments

• Saona from the air.jpg
    Saona from the air.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,643
Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Interesting idea! After 8 years of living in the Dominican Republic I finally was tired of having to deal with the corruption and ignorance everyday. Moved back home. I would prefer to retire in a more civilized place like the Bermudas, Bahamas or Turks and Caicos.

OP
OP
TheMuseumGuy

TheMuseumGuy

Apr 14, 2009
La Romana
Thank you Deepdiger60 for the link. That goes along exactly with what I have found so far as well. Just a couple of years ago Indiana University found Cap't Kidds ship off of Catalina Island in a few feet of water just 30 feet offshore or so and now tourists are snorkeling over the wreck and can see multiple cannon and anchors etc. As many as 5,000 tourists are dropped off on this island by the cruise ships almost daily and it is just 5 miles from where the museum will be so pirates will be on their minds! It is rumored he also buried treasure on this tiny 4 sq. mile island as well and no one has looked for it yet I don't think!

I can relate wrecker but to try and do this in those places would be cost prohibitive and besides, here is where the treasure is!

Here is a Google map showing the relationship of Catalina Island & Saona Island and where the museum will be: Catalina is the speck below where the museum will be and Saona is the extreme southern island just off the coast.

Attachments

• Bobadilla Fleet location Google.JPG
    Bobadilla Fleet location Google.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,390

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheMuseumGuy said:
Thank you Deepdiger60 for the link. That goes along exactly with what I have found so far as well. Just a couple of years ago Indiana University found Cap't Kidds ship off of Catalina Island in a few feet of water just 30 feet offshore or so and now tourists are snorkeling over the wreck and can see multiple cannon and anchors etc. As many as 5,000 tourists are dropped off on this island by the cruise ships almost daily and it is just 5 miles from where the museum will be so pirates will be on their minds! It is rumored he also buried treasure on this tiny 4 sq. mile island as well and no one has looked for it yet I don't think!

I can relate wrecker but to try and do this in those places would be cost prohibitive and besides, here is where the treasure is!

Here is a Google map showing the relationship of Catalina Island & Saona Island and where the museum will be: Catalina is the speck below where the museum will be and Saona is the extreme southern island just off the coast.
Looks like you couldn't have picked a more prefect place to put that museum i wish you luck Good hunting Dd60

OP
OP
TheMuseumGuy

TheMuseumGuy

Apr 14, 2009
La Romana
I think so too Deepdiger60! CB, GK & MB are flying down around the 10th of May to meet with me in La Romana to "check it out"! One is Canadian, one American and one is from Norway so should be interesting. One person just said: "Let me know if you need one more." :dontknow:

Word is getting out about it... I was just forwarded this post from another scuba forum. It is the fourth post down by "The Blue Whale" talking about TH investments in a thread about Mel Fisher's activities!

http://divecritic.com/boards/index.php?topic=112.0

I sure hope this works, it will be so much fun and maybe watch the money come in while TH instead of just going out, out, out for a change! :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread