Coastal SC help

Brandiwine

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to Seabrook Island once again for vacation. We visit Seabrook about every other year to vacation at my sister in laws beach house. I choose different locations the other years...with shark teeth hunting as my first required amenity....Seabrook has none :-(. So between Seabrook, Johns Island or Kiawah anyone have any advice on where to hunt artifacts or for shark teeth?

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, but have a nice vacation.

lordpiney

Aug 12, 2009
pretty much all the beaches in S.C. have fossils on them. just scrape the first few inches of sand off along the tideline, and see what you find.

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea you could probably find something easy. Two summers ago I went down to my beach house at Cherry Grove Beach, which is north of Myrtle Beach. I walked out on the beach, put my chair down, and sat down. Well dang there was a beautiful piece of rhyolite sticking outta the sand right between my feet. There was a very rough storm the night before, so I figured it worked it way there somehow. It was a Kirk with an ancient snapped base that was approximately 4 inches long. Hunt the beach after a storm that may vary your chances of finding something cool. Have fun! 8-)

Last edited:

masonh

Jun 24, 2010
Try edisto state park on edisto island, go up the beach about a mile till you get to the inlet, try to go at low tide, sift the gravel with a colander or sieve and you should find fossils such as turtLe shell and horse teeth, also shards of finger punctuate Indian pottery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions