Coat of Arms Cocktail Pitcher & Glasses

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up this pitcher & (4) matching glasses at an estate sale today. Does anybody recognize the Coat of Arms / family crest? Or, is anyone familiar with an online resource for identifying family crests? I apologize in advance for the poor quality photographs. The reflective nature of the crest made it difficult to photograph well. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501879648.987993.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501879663.332430.jpg

OP
OP
SDIceMan

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coat of Arms Cocktail Pitcher & Glasses

I'm wondering if this is a generic crest versus a specific family crest due to there being no letters or words in the image.
Don......

Thanks for the input! I tend to agree with your assessment, and that'd actually be okay with me as that might make it somewhat easier to sell.

Hopefully someone can chime in with some method of narrowing down the origin so I can at least have some accurate keywords for my listing title i.e. "Scottish" vs. "English", or "Family Crest" vs. "Unit Insignia".

Last edited:
OP
OP
SDIceMan

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both very much! In this case I will gladly take generic over specific, as it broadens my potential customer base. I really am thankful for the help. Happy hunting this weekend!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I can't help you with crest identification. Sometimes you can get better pictures if you roll a piece of paper up & slip it into the glass.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

The maker was the Federal Glass Company of Colunbus Ohio and the design is usually referred to as “Camelot”… ie it’s a fantasy coat of arms imagined for ‘Arthurian’ times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread