OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Cobalt Blue Poioson Bottle

The back is flat and the front has 5 sides. Is that good?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Cobalt Blue Poioson Bottle

Now that is one cool bottle! :icon_thumright: Congrats on the find.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Hey Crypt.. I emailed a poison bottle collector from another site this is what he wrote back....

What he has there is a KI-7. It's Canadian I believe. I cant give you any value or rarity. My book has it as RARE, but it's so out of date that it's only good for ID purposes only. Price is way off I'm sure. English in design which is quite common. you can find examples in Canada and Australia as well. The base should be embossed RIGO. You could get more information by visiting the Four Seasons bottle club. They would have more information on the RIGO bottles.

http://www.canadianbottlecollectors.com/glen_phillips_collection/main.htm

That should be the start to the help you'll need.....

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your right, it does say RIGO on the bottom. Thank you for the link and for the help finding information about this poison bottle. I will check out that website now. :)

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
cryptic said:
This is the only poison bottle I found all summer. It says poison on the one side and usace externe(I think it is french), not to be taken, use with caution.

Google Translate identified "usace externe" as Spanish. I see now that the embossing says "usage externe" which translates to the French "external use."

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That G sure looked like a C. It has one of the raised bumps over it.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
cryptic said:
Your right, it does say RIGO on the bottom. Thank you for the link and for the help finding information about this poison bottle. I will check out that website now. :)
forgot to tell you the KI-7 is the code for the bottle when looking it up...

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I have learned to identify a coffin bottle. I am having a hard time finding anything about KI-7 bottles. Is there somewhere on the internet with that information?

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
cryptic said:
Well I have learned to identify a coffin bottle. I am having a hard time finding anything about KI-7 bottles. Is there somewhere on the internet with that information?
Email the guys on the link I sent you in previous post....

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did email them and will wait to see if there is a reply. Going back to work for 20 days so will let everyone know what they say when I return. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I emailed 2 people for additional information about this bottle but never received an email back.

I did find a website with some information about the same poison bottle. The information is from 2006 and they say

"Nice bottle,designated in kuhns as a KI-7,irregular hex or flatback poison.Not rare but not common. In that size 40.00 range more on a good day. Blown in the mold with a tooled lip. A keeper" and "That's an irregular hexigon poison. They are nicknamed either fat or flatback. Can't remember which. I would know if I had ever found one. Fairly common but very desirable. Nice cobalt color. I believe these are english. Search ebay for a price. If the seam stops before the top it is pre 1910. If the seam goes through the lip it is ABM, post 1910."

http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-47722/mpage-1/key-rigo/tm.htm#47722

Thank you everyone! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread