Cobmoosa gold

scottofmich

Greenie
Apr 8, 2010
There are several different stories about cheif Cobmoosa near Hart michigan burying gold coins before he died that he received from the goverment as a land settlement near elbridge township apparently he buried them near a lake that bares his name cobmoosa lake but noboby has claimed to ever find it and there is a large section of state land near this area that could also hold this hidden cache. I have been hearing about this from locals for years. Has anyone else heard of this?

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
Yes, I have heard this legend. I have done some research and even spent some time on an intriguing lead, but no luck so far. The fun is in the quest. I also hunt and fish in this area, so I am very familiar with it.
Dan

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Dan,
Didn't know you was into this junk finding hoby also. Chris and I are in New Mexico right now detecting and hunting arrowheads. Going to several old rail road sites along the Mexico border Saturday. I used to fish Cobmoosa Creek years ago.

Jon

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
Jon Stewart said:
Dan,
Didn't know you was into this junk finding hoby also. Chris and I are in New Mexico right now detecting and hunting arrowheads. Going to several old rail road sites along the Mexico border Saturday. I used to fish Cobmoosa Creek years ago.

Jon
LOL! Small world, isn't it? Been a treasure hunter for nearly 30 years. I too used to fish Cobmoosa Creek; back when there used to be brook trout in it.

Wish I was with you down there right now; getting the metal detecting itch bad about now.
Take care and be safe down there.
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread