OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RM died in 1862... 20 years later in 1882, the "story" is written; published in 1885.

The pamphlet was someone's first try at writing for the public. It was written as more of a Student Research Paper of the time!

Introduction
Body
Conclusion

To say the Beale Papers are a fictional novel is a true sign that someone did not do his homework!

There are many interesting interpretation of what is being said in the Papers, but until we see the works of a full deciphering, what Beale was actually doing will remain a mystery.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C2 will tell you all you want to know about the Beale Story. You will find out that the author made up the whole complete story.

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C2 will tell you all you want to know about the Beale Story. You will find out that the author made up the whole complete story.

Opinion's are like arm pits, everyone has two and they smell funny!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opinion's are like arm pits, everyone has two and they smell funny!

You may have only two opinions I have thousands and they are not arm pits.

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you have proven this as fact, but you have not! This has a very small following. Why do you think it has tricked you in some way to believe the story as true. I hope you know that the information given by Beale in the ciphers should be different then the information Beale gives out in the letters to Morriss! I would expect a different story in the ciphers.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The people who claimed the Beale Papers to be a hoax. Need to provide proof of such. Joe Nickell is a total failure at his attempt!

Alright. Here's your proof.
No recovery of deposits attributed to story.. Or any part thereof.
Further , no claim of any party members relation/relatives of existence of any party member. The last being more crucial .

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright. Here's your proof.
No recovery of deposits attributed to story.. Or any part thereof.
Further , no claim of any party members relation/relatives of existence of any party member. The last being more crucial .

Nice, but is that all you guys got? I believe these people went to a location looking for something specific. Old Spanish mine would stand out the most. With the Spanish loosing the War with the Mexicans at 1817 it would be the opportunity to ransack such mines and take Spanish gold!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, but is that all you guys got? I believe these people went to a location looking for something specific. Old Spanish mine would stand out the most. With the Spanish loosing the War with the Mexicans at 1817 it would be the opportunity to ransack such mines and take Spanish gold!

The Spanish did not lose a war to the Mexicans in 1817. It was in 1822. Sorry wrong again.

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spanish did not lose a war to the Mexicans in 1817. It was in 1822. Sorry wrong again.

Actually it was September 1821, but I was referring to the year of the Beale group getting to New Spain!

1817 would be a good year to move into New Spain and loot a few gold mines. With the Spanish having to fight the rebellion is a perfect opportunity.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually it was September 1821, but I was referring to the year of the Beale group getting to New Spain!

1817 would be a good year to move into New Spain and loot a few gold mines. With the Spanish having to fight the rebellion is a perfect opportunity.

If you had went there in 1817 as the Beale Group claimed without a letter from the President of the United States you would have been locked up by the Spanish as others had been and you would not have gotten back out until after the Mexican's had won their Independence. There is not a chance in Hell a party of 30 hunters from the US went into New Spain without authorization. That is why Becknell had to wait on his trading adventure in 1822.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The new constitution gave government more interest , (read attention) to more land than previously privately held. See article 27 of the 1917 constitution.
Feb. was early in the year. Entry by Beale party prior to the new constitution would have required winter travel from the East across the continent....

Likely to have occurred as a result of an opportunistic party under the guise of "buffalo hunters" in 1817? Hmmmm.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spanish Archives list any group of men or even a single man whenever they should show up in Sante Fe. I do not believe a party of 30 men would not be listed? James Purcell was still there making gun powder and did not get to leave until the Jacob Fowler Party showed up in 1821 or 1822. James Purcell then went with them to St. Louis and published an article on the Indians he had traveled with.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The Spanish Archives list any group of men or even a single man whenever they should show up in Sante Fe. I do not believe a party of 30 men would not be listed? James Purcell was still there making gun powder and did not get to leave until the Jacob Fowler Party showed up in 1821 or 1822. James Purcell then went with them to St. Louis and published an article on the Indians he had traveled with.

“he was held under very strict surveillance, was not permitted to write, and very narrowly escaped being shot for having broken the local law by manufacturing some gunpowder for his own use.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions